1/144 "Peaceliner" in progress

Started by Brian da Basher, October 16, 2008, 11:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aussie747

Wow!

Nice one Brian!. I just got my B-36 down from the loft to do something similar. I did not think to move the wing (was there much work involved?) or replacing the nose!

Back to the drawing board for my civil conversion!

:drink:
Ray
Canberra
*-*-*-*-*-*-

In work:
1/72 C-65J
1/72 P-7B
1/144 C-17T

Brian da Basher

Quote from: Aussie747 on October 26, 2008, 08:43:09 PM
Wow!

Nice one Brian!. I just got my B-36 down from the loft to do something similar. I did not think to move the wing (was there much work involved?) or replacing the nose!

To move the wing I had to cut that section of the fuselage off and rotate it then cut the wings at the wingroot and re-postion them. This left a gap at the root which was filled with sheet plastic and putty, the final result being a large fairing which I decided made a nice cargo bay. As for the nose, the DC-6 nose was about 1/8 of an inch too narrow, but I was able to widen it by making a V shaped gap aft of the clear part and filling it in with scrap plastic. I'd suggest using a Lockheed Electra Turboprop-PC-3 Orion nose instead as it seems a bit wider than a DC-6.
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Howard of Effingham

Keeper of George the Cat.

jcf

Quote from: sequoiaranger on October 25, 2008, 09:21:25 AM

As a San Diego resident who has driven by the Convair plant many times, I "resent" the consolidation with Boeing. Consolidated, as you may recall, consolidated with Vultee aircraft corp to become "Convair", which later became General Dynamics. But, hey, its your whif...

... and is now L-Mart.  ;D ;D

Jon

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

tinlail

Quote from: Aussie747 on October 26, 2008, 08:43:09 PM
Wow!

As a suggestion, to differentiate you plane, see if you can lengthen the fuselage. I doubt that comercial planes would fly as high as the B-36 did.

lancer

Superb Brian. It looks as thought it could do  round-the -world flights and still have room for a transatlantic mail run....Nice to see your imigination is as fertile as ever...
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

HOG

High Brian,

Well I`m getting to the party again just as its finishing, (don`t suppose the bars still open?) but what can I add that hasn`t already been said.  :wub:
Cheers  :drink:
G
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Ian the Kiwi Herder

I concur totally with Komrade HOG. There is absolutely nothing that I can add that hasn't been written here already. A superb and inspired piece of work.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Eddie M.

BdaB,
  I am in awe of this latest work of yours! Words can not detail how cool this is to me. I do wish I could have done something like this. The best I can do is to render a hardy BRAVO ZULU. :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:
Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

Thank you, apophenia! It looks like a cover-shot from an airline brochure, circa 1950!
:bow: :bow:
Brian da Basher

cthulhu77

John Howling Mouse

A great model in a superb image-edit-----good job to both of you!   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

NARSES2

That really does look as though it's from an advert of the time  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.