Previous topic - Next topic

BlackOps

Brian, that new front end looks perfect! Great idea  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

noxioux

The DC-6 nose is perfect.  And it looks seamless.   :thumbsup:

John Howling Mouse

Great idea, Brian and it looks like it is coming along incredibly well.  Wow!  This is a gutsy build all the way around.   :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

CanisD

The XC-99 was on display in San Antonio for a good many years at Kelly AFB where it deteriorated. Now its going bit by bit to the AF museum in Dayton. Wikipedia says that then whole plane has been moved, but last I knew they had cut off the upper deck, the tail, and most of the wing panels and shipped them to Dayton, leaving the lower fuselage and the wing spars at Kelly until they can cut them up and ship them to Dayton and then put it all back together. http://www.air-and-space.com/xc99.htm has some good pictures.
"If you want to have dinner with the Devil, make sure to bring a long spoon!"
Wolf's Shipyard
Wolf's Shipyard Forum

Joe C-P

There was a proposed flying boat version of the B-36?!? Ohhhh, mama! That's one for the future - long range air assault, with a flip-up nose and a ramp for the troops and jeeps and an armoured car or two.

Great work on the airliner conversion!  :thumbsup: Looking forward to the finished product.

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Brian da Basher

The painting is done. Airline schemes are deceptively simple. I used Model Masters Semi-Gloss White and Polly Scale Blue mixed with some Liquitex Gloss Medium to make it semi-gloss. If it weren't for Tamiya tape, I would've lost what's left of my mind trying to freehand those stripes.

Brian da Basher

Brian da Basher

Now the Peaceliner is ready for decals! As you may have guessed, I'm going to be using a decal for the cockpit windows as well as the passenger windows. I've got some dry-transfers for the wing registration numbers and it will be my first time using them.

Brian da Basher

cthulhu77

Beautiful friggin work !!!!!  Stellar idea, and a wonderful build !
  :wub:

(where do the spats go?)

frank2056

That's just amazingly cool! I even looked up the B-36 kits to make a shameless copy... they're pretty pricey now.

GTX

Stellar work - brilliant idea!!!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

bobbo

BdB:  That thing just keeps looking better & better - - - Wouldn't it be neat for someone (I'm too much of a coward!) to do it in 1/72 with the Monogram kit?  Or maybe the seaplane version? 

I've got  Hobbycraft B-36B sitting here about 1/2 finished for over 2 years . . . GOtta do something with it now!!

Bobbo

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Just call me Ray

Hmmm, either that or United.

Also, isn't it kinda...odd...that the DC-6 nose blends in so seemingly with practically no modification? Convair and Douglas were separate companies, right?
It's a crappy self-made pic of a Lockheed Unmanned Combat Armed Rotorcraft (UCAR), BTW
Even Saddam realized the hazard of airplanes, and was discovered hiding in a bunker. - Skydrol from Airliners.net

kitnut617

Quote from: Just call me Ray on October 18, 2008, 06:33:42 AM
Also, isn't it kinda...odd...that the DC-6 nose blends in so seemingly with practically no modification? Convair and Douglas were separate companies, right?

There's a lot of aircraft which have a common sized fuselage diameter, about 12'-6".  These two just happen to be fall in this list (I believe the B-36 fuselage is a bit wider though, maybe 13'-0").  AFAIK, 12'-6" diameter in airliners was a requirement of most airlines of the time (someones going to correct me for sure)  I'm using a wrecked B-36 kit fuselage as a core for my Avro Atlantic for instance.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Sauragnmon

That looks really nice Brian.  I've had my fun already with spat comments, too many and it gets annoying, so I'll suggest the rest of the boys stop too.  The new nose and the stripes, with the modified wing, she ironically actually looks Fitting.  I hope you raised the gear height so that she's got ground clearance with those big props spinning.  Pity the poor ground tech if he's in the wrong end of that...

She looks beautiful, man.  And if you guys want to complain about Hobbycraft as a producer, god, you should try them as a distributor (My LHS goes through Hobbycraft -the delays, the annoyances, the low selection for producers, it's just a constant load of Fun!!!)

Keep up the good work, man.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.