1/144 "Peaceliner" in progress

Started by Brian da Basher, October 16, 2008, 11:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

The thrill and satisfaction of completing a project I dreamed about over two years ago is exceeded only by reading your comments. You inspire my madness to no end. Thank you!

Putting the cap on this project is a final shot of the Peaceliner flying off into the sunset (which looks a lot like my front door).
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Mossie

Just... inspiring! All I can find the words to say!  :wub: :wub: :wub:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Glenn Gilbertson

Jeffry Fontaine

"The weather forecast for Pittsburgh today is clear with slight aluminum overcast"
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Logan Hartke

Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on October 22, 2008, 04:05:26 PM
"The weather forecast for Pittsburgh today is clear with slight aluminum overcast"
If it was like the bomber, that's a magnesium overcast.

Logan Hartke

frank2056

Wow Brian, that looks like such a perfectly right airliner! I'm surprised it was never tried.

BlackOps

A really nice model Brian  :bow:  It just exudes class  :wub:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

NARSES2

Gorgeous stuff Brian - some of your best work  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Sauragnmon

I think, Brian, the only more fitting and/or amusing conversion for the B-36 would be something like Air Post or UPS.  For the extra special Special Delivery.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Mike Wren

PanzerWulff

That looks just AWESOME Bri  :thumbsup: :bow: :thumbsup: :bow: :thumbsup: I still want to make a Coast Guard B-36 Could you imagine the size of the lifeboat that thing could Paradrop!
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Captain Canada

Holy Mackerel, Brian ! That is fricking wonderful ! Loved the story as well....always nice to be entertained. Love the way the new nose sets her apart from the original. And your colour and markings choice is superb.

Great job !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

tanktastic43

cthulhu77

:wub: :cheers:

Outstanding, as always !  Wonderful concept and conclusion.  I love the livery !

sequoiaranger

>The post-war years were a time of great consolidation in the U.S. aircraft industry. In fact, even Consolidated was consolidated, becoming part of Boeing in 1946....Putting the cap on this project is a final shot of the Peaceliner flying off into the sunset (which looks a lot like my front door).<

Uh...your front door needs painting.

As a San Diego resident who has driven by the Convair plant many times, I "resent" the consolidation with Boeing. Consolidated, as you may recall, consolidated with Vultee aircraft corp to become "Convair", which later became General Dynamics. But, hey, its your whif...

AND A DARNED GOOD ONE, TOO!!

Oh PLEASE! Someone "photoshop" this nice pic and put a flying-over-a-city or something background! "We" could make a great come-fly-me poster!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!