G

Leopard WHIF

Started by GINge!, October 17, 2008, 05:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GINge!

Hi, yeah, its nice to be back! Kandahar was not the nicest place to spend the past 7 months!

The website is called "Modern Canadian Vehicles" and is a sub-section of Maple Leaf Models.

MAD

Has anyone done a Jagdleopaed tank destroyer utilizing the chassis of the Leopard I yet?
It would be the equivalent of a modern day Jagdpanther.
Armed with a hull-mounted long-barrelled variant of the L5 105mm gun as used by the Swedish Strv-103 (S-Tank)

Or what about a modern Sturmgeschutz variant of the Leopard I, armed with a hull-mounted variant of the British L118 105mm Hamel gun?

I could envisage the likes of the Netherlands, Swiss, Finnish and German armies using these variants!!

These would make great profiles in modern German cammo 

M.A.D

GTX

Quote from: MAD on October 18, 2008, 08:13:47 PM
Has anyone done a Jagdleopaed tank destroyer utilizing the chassis of the Leopard I yet?
It would be the equivalent of a modern day Jagdpanther.
Armed with a hull-mounted long-barrelled variant of the L5 105mm gun as used by the Swedish Strv-103 (S-Tank)

Or what about a modern Sturmgeschutz variant of the Leopard I, armed with a hull-mounted variant of the British L118 105mm Hamel gun?

I could envisage the likes of the Netherlands, Swiss, Finnish and German armies using these variants!!

These would make great profiles in modern German cammo 

M.A.D

Here's my take on a JagdLeo 1:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Some more Leo I whiffs:

An APC:

Regards,

Greg

GTX

Variant with with demolition gun:

Regards,

Greg

GTX

Variant with 120mm main gun - note this apparently was a real life idea considered in the '80s as a way to give the German Infantry some fire-power - they would have been regunned and called Leopard IIIs!

regards,

Greg

dy031101

Does anyone know the turret ring size of the Leopard 2?

Thanks in advance.
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

rickshaw

Quote from: GTX on November 07, 2008, 12:37:44 PM
Some more Leo I whiffs:

An APC:

Regards,

Greg

How do the infantry dismount?  Over the side?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

GTX

Cybermax

Here is what a Leo I with the Stryker MGS' gun might look like.  I had a little trouble scaling the turret because it's based on a scan from a kit of the Stryker MGS.  Unfortunately that scan wasn't exactly the best.  IMO the turret seems a little large but this is the closest I could get.

I used part of a "Rinoceronte" drawing from here http://www.ferreamole.it/images/rinoceronte/rinoceronte.htm to get the uparmored hull (like that of the Leo I the Canadians used).

Sauragnmon

A slightly backwards concept - JagdLeopard with the 128mm gun from a JagdTiger?  Too crazy?  Naval 5" gun?
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

GTX

Quote from: Cybermax on August 30, 2009, 01:45:03 PM
Here is what a Leo I with the Stryker MGS' gun might look like.  I had a little trouble scaling the turret because it's based on a scan from a kit of the Stryker MGS.  Unfortunately that scan wasn't exactly the best.  IMO the turret seems a little large but this is the closest I could get.

I used part of a "Rinoceronte" drawing from here http://www.ferreamole.it/images/rinoceronte/rinoceronte.htm to get the uparmored hull (like that of the Leo I the Canadians used).
Cool!!!

Regards,

Greg

dy031101

Some say that a T-72 turret was mounted onto a Leopard 1 hull for trials, while others say that this is just a viz-mod.

EDIT: Check around the forum...... and it looks like it was proposed for Malaysia...... guess I can assume that this is a functional fit.
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

GTX

This raises the possibility of going the other way too - Leopard turrets (including Gepard) on T-72 hulls...

Regards,

Greg