A war-time aeroplane, crushed behind the walls of a perfume warehouse in Croydon

Started by Hman, October 22, 2008, 12:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed S

Sounds like another scoop for Geraldo Rivera!  Surely it's better than Capone's basement.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Merv_P

I was born and brought up in Croydon, and I must admit it's news to me.

The Rat

A whiff of a rumour and everybody raises a stink. The whole thing smells funny.

Man, I crack me up.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Hman

"Lusaka Tower, this is Green Leader..."

bluedonkey99

the modern day fate of croydon saddens me.

once a glorious centre of 1920-1930 stlye, culture and world leading aviation

relegated to a cesspit of so many levels....
... the time i have had to negotiate pools of fresh blood near west Croydon station, George street and east Croydon station is a sad state of affairs....

.............truly if a place cried out for the restitution of a bygone age, this is such a town! 
oh, for the old aerodrome and the heyday of art nouveau

i have to regularly visit the place for commercial reasons, and the hell of the 1960s architecture assaults me as much as the people of the current age of despair!

Captain Canada

That's a pretty neat story. Isn't there some way an historical group can gain access ? And if there were actually still a body in there....it would be a no-brainer. I suppose they could just use the excuse that they need to prove that it is not a grave sight !

Anyway, it would be nice to know what a/c it actually is !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?