Tornado/Strike Eagle

Started by Taiidantomcat, October 22, 2008, 04:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

Think this has some potential...The F-15 is a plane that is kind of dull to me and i got this kit for another whif that dried up...had this idea. maybe with some flanker-like wings instead of the (IMHO) boring F-15 wings. i checked the Tonka swing wing but it seemed too small.

Anywho...What do you think??

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

deathjester

I would say that F-22 style wings would look good on this, maybe even using the leftover Tornado wings to create swing out FSW sections from the wingtips, like the Wyvern from Ace Combat zero

Rafael

Oooooh! TTomcat, this not only has potential, it has style!!! :wub:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Shasper

Could always use the Cranked Arrow layout . . .

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

noxioux

It's pretty subtle.  Just the thing to give fits to the rivet-counting squad. :thumbsup:

Taiidantomcat

Thanks folks, smart suggestions too! I was very surprised at just how well the Tornado's  :tornado: fit! Im going to have to grab some spare cardboard and see what i can do for wings, maybe post a few of the options you have suggested... have to warn you though i am kind of leaning toward a Flanker-style wing, want to see other options first though.

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Jeffry Fontaine

What scale is this project?  Hard to determine from the images
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Taiidantomcat

Its 1/32, but i may break out a 1/48 F-15E and Tonka to mess with the wings (i have more variety in 1/48 scale, so less cardboard to cut with a better look to determine what I/we like.)

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on October 24, 2008, 03:08:11 PMIts 1/32, but i may break out a 1/48 F-15E and Tonka to mess with the wings (i have more variety in 1/48 scale, so less cardboard to cut with a better look to determine what I/we like.)

Way larger than I had imagined.  You are opening up a box of problems, might be better if you box it up and send it to a professional.  :)

I would recommend that you contact Eddie since has a lot of experience with bashing large scale plastic aircraft models. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Taiidantomcat

You mean Eddie M right? Im young but im not foolish, I will PM him and see if he can give me any tips. If he refuses I will force him to talk with my Marine to Sailor headlock. :wacko:

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on October 24, 2008, 09:59:36 PMYou mean Eddie M right? Im young but im not foolish, I will PM him and see if he can give me any tips. If he refuses I will force him to talk with my Marine to Sailor headlock. :wacko:

Yes, there is only one Eddie that I would ever refer you to in a situation like this.  He has enough experience with hacking up large models that I imagine he could do it in the dark or wearing a blindfold.

GTX

QuoteI imagine he could do it in the dark or wearing a blindfold.

I thought he did that anyway ... ;D

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Eddie M.

(rubs hands with glee) This project will be running through my head all day at work. I'll see what ideas I can come up with for you. Hopefully it will be useful to you. ;D
Look behind you!

elmayerle

The Tonka wing is definitely too small (F-15 is a rather larger and heavier airframe) but a F-22 wing would be a nice touch, especially if you could use some modified F-22 intakes, too.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Eddie M.

Okay, is the Tonka 1/32 or 48? I'd like to know if you're staying with the same scale or if you're going to go scale'o'rama. Another question. How "real world" do you want it to look? I've got a couple of ideas for the wings. I'll put some of my ideas to paper and get then to you tomorrow.
Look behind you!