Main Menu

The "Under the Influence" GB

Started by Brian da Basher, October 23, 2008, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Quote from: gooberliberation on October 25, 2008, 04:38:48 AM
Quote from: Ed S on October 23, 2008, 01:00:37 PM
Sounds like a real trip.  But I wonder whose going to pay for all those hospital and ER visits to sew up the cuts from X-acto knives?

Ed

Yeah uh, seeing how I saw into my palms often enough while sober.... I'd participate with nothing sharper than some old nailclippers to get the sprues off. :blink:

I added a caveat regarding this which should help ease some concerns.

Brian da Basher

Weaver

Hmmm - now my favorite beverage is Robinson's Old Tom ale. Robbie's brewery have a pretty keen unicorn-on-a-shield crest, and the logo for the beer is a winking tomcat, so I'm thinking, sponsored F-14 warbird, anyone?  :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

The trouble is that, with Old Tom being 8%, I'm even more likely to fall asleep and do nothing "under the influence" than I am anyway..... :huh:

Might look something like this........... :wacko:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Daryl J.

Just arrived at the office:  2 Hobbycraft SPAD XIII kits (1/32) with the intent of continuing this retrotech idea which is a cheap excuse to get me out of most WW-1 rigging.    Converted to a pair of monoplanes, one parasol, the other lower winged, machine guns removed but redeemed by being the cargo carrier of this product in full company colors:

Smaller volumes make the SPAD a reasonable (at least in this fiction) air transporter.   The usual glass cockpit, carbon fibre wings, linen aft fuselage, etc. apply. 

Tentatively named the SPAD Spirits.

Yes, I know, the SPAD is not from the UK.   There is just not a RR Eagle powered DH.4 in 1/32 available, which is the machine I'd have preferred.   Since there is to be some ground crew and support vehicles, 1/48 is largely out as a working scale for the project.
:cheers:,
Daryl J.

Dork the kit slayer

Please see all my models in the archives........under the influance...infueiance...inflinance....influiance...every one. :drink: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

HOG

Hi Bri,
I have so many tablets, liquids, inhalers etc that the cab driver often stops the car to see whats rattl`in. Can I do a slightly less under the inflooense build?.

Cheers  :drink:
G
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

gunfighter

Does "under the influence of Mrs. Gunfighter" count? that means No budget for kits, No room for workbench, No time for modelling...so the predictable result is a looooooong build  :banghead: anyway, she´s pretty... :rolleyes:

Daryl J.

There have been a few online purchases while under the influence that likely would have never occurred elsewise.  :cheers: :cheers:

Do they count?    :blink: :blink:

In all actuality, the HC Cutlass/SAC metal gear purchase qualifies as such (either Laphroaig 10 year or Johnny Walker Black Label) and is on deck for conversion into the appropriate AU-2 Cutlass subtype.

Daryl J.

Weaver

Resurrecting this one, 'cos I've had a brainwave: would being under the influence of a philosophy be elegible?  :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Brian da Basher

Quote from: Weaver on June 19, 2009, 06:53:27 PM
Resurrecting this one, 'cos I've had a brainwave: would being under the influence of a philosophy be elegible?  :wacko:

Only if you can post a picture of it. ;)
:drink:
Brian da Basher

Weaver

Quote from: Brian da Basher on June 20, 2009, 04:51:46 AM
Quote from: Weaver on June 19, 2009, 06:53:27 PM

Only if you can post a picture of it. ;)
:drink:
Brian da Basher

Can do better than that - I'll post you a link to it's website:

http://www.forteantimes.com/front_website/themag/about.php

Yep, some poor, unsuspecting B-17 might become The Flying Fortean....... ;D

- Indiana Jones