Honey I shrunk the F-104

Started by G.Marcat, October 25, 2008, 03:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

Then ,if you will accept some advice :rolleyes:Build up the little short one ;D :wub:
I am on my way back to Texas and if you don't build it I will :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

G.Marcat

Quote from: ysi_maniac on November 21, 2008, 06:28:17 AM
You can try to reproduce Lockheed CL-1200 Lancer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_CL-1200
:thumbsup: :cheers: :drink: :party:

This is the my problem..  because for the my f-104 What-If the my target is to build a F-104 that will be A LOT DIFFERENT from the LANCER :banghead:.

The LANCER in 1/48 is in the my plans from a lot of time but to start it I need to understand IN DETAIL how is shaped the new fairing that hold the wings at the top of fuselage.

I made some attempts to purchase the Maintrack/Whirlykits LANCER resin kit in 1/72..

http://www.aviationmegastore.com/?shopid=LM4906c6dcd97ef64b820556525f&action=prodinfo&parent_id=0&art=65505
At the purpose of to use it as inspiration/source of accurate measures  for the 1/48 version but the my attempts were unsuccessful.

sotoolslinger

Well you could use my method ..... Stick a bunch of stuff on it till it looks right then apply putty. (have lots of putty) :rolleyes: :lol:  :blink:
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

All right I warned you ;D :rolleyes: See my new thread Inspired by you GM :thumbsup:
Here is my new thread
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,22304.0.html
I amuse me.

G.Marcat

In the last two days I have bring forward the work on the little F-104:
here is the result.

The canopy on the ESCI's box was totally ruined, I  will try to reproduce a new canopy with the vacuform.

Ed S

I'm liking this idea.   Looking forward to seeing it progress.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

sotoolslinger

Cool GM That is such a hot little ship :wub: Nice to have you back :thumbsup:
I amuse me.

tinlail

That thing, kind of looks like a Trainer with teeth build. Snazzy looking

G.Marcat

Remember the micro sized F-104 ?

After many months I'm near to the his completion.

Passing through several painting mistakes I am getting to this result:

G.Marcat

After a lot of troubles with the paint application I succeed to complete the little Starfighter.

The canopy is a disaster (tragic casting problems) but I was unable to replicate it with the vac u form...
If one day will find a spare Esci's F-104 canopy I will replace it.

Mossie

Great!  Brings a smile to my face! ;D :ph34r: ;D
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

JayBee

You know, that looks like a slim Egg-plane. :rolleyes:
I like it a LOT :wub:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.