Floaty Planes?

Started by Spellbinder99, October 29, 2008, 01:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: Radish on November 01, 2008, 04:58:58 AM

Can you imagine a B-17 with floats? :party: :drink:

You're getting up to the realms of my Nottingham now, it would need some fairly big floats but I like the idea  :thumbsup:

Here's my Dash 8 idea (stalled of course, still packed away ---- but I did find the box it's in the other day)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

GTX

After the Blenheim, what about the Beaufighter or Mosquito?

The Ju-52 had floats.
Why not a He-111?

Like this perhaps?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

PanzerWulff

Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

elmayerle

Quote from: deathjester on November 01, 2008, 06:39:10 AM
Two ideas grab me about the C-130 pic - why not strip the sponsons where the main gear is, and make the floats semi retractable, cut down on drag no end - and how about the floats being replaced by either air dropable fast attack boats, or air dropable unmanned attack submersibles?

Hmm, the retractable float sound something like the retractable skis the LC-130s use.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

NARSES2

Why not a He-111?

Now that as a torpedo bomber in Italian markings as a replacment for the various CANT's sounds stunning  :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

upnorth

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 02, 2008, 02:23:13 AM
Why not a He-111?

Now that as a torpedo bomber in Italian markings as a replacment for the various CANT's sounds stunning  :wub:

Or you could just put floats on an SM.79. :wub:
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Geoff

How about an ANR He-177 on floats?

kitbasher

I've assembled the bits for a 'floated' CAC Boomerang that I'm going to christen the CAC Jacana (a jacana is an Indian Ocean/SE Asian region wading bird).  The idea is that it would have supported RAAF Vought Kingfisher operations.  Floats (from a long gone Airfix Beaver, I think) don't quite look right, so I may invest in an Easter Express or PM 'Floatfire' for mor convincing floats
The Boomerang kit itself (Airfix) is intended to donate parts to a Wirraway project that's rattling around my head.  ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

SSgt Baloo

It's been a while since anyone has replied to this thread, but I'm curious: would someone please steer me to some 3-view drawings of aicraft floats?

Thanks in advance.
Not older than dirt but remembers when it was still under warranty.

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: SSgt Baloo on November 16, 2008, 10:12:22 PMIt's been a while since anyone has replied to this thread, but I'm curious: would someone please steer me to some 3-view drawings of aicraft floats?

You can obtain a pdf file of Edo Floats from Internet Modeler.  Open to the main page and look at the top for the HTML link titled "Internet Modeler Reference Section" and when you open up that page you will see the link to the Edo Model Wa 4665 Float Scale Drawings (1/72 & 1/48, 2 Pages, 63.9KB)pdf file.  Or you can just click on that last link which will get you directly to the page that will give you the pdf file to download and save to your hard drive. ;^)
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

SSgt Baloo

Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on November 16, 2008, 11:01:15 PM
Quote from: SSgt Baloo on November 16, 2008, 10:12:22 PMIt's been a while since anyone has replied to this thread, but I'm curious: would someone please steer me to some 3-view drawings of aicraft floats?

You can obtain a pdf file of Edo Floats from Internet Modeler.  Open to the main page and look at the top for the HTML link titled "Internet Modeler Reference Section" and when you open up that page you will see the link to the Edo Model Wa 4665 Float Scale Drawings (1/72 & 1/48, 2 Pages, 63.9KB)pdf file.  Or you can just click on that last link which will get you directly to the page that will give you the pdf file to download and save to your hard drive. ;^)

That was quick! Thanks extra large!
Not older than dirt but remembers when it was still under warranty.

Dork the kit slayer

[/quote]

Raddish...take your meds......silly boy  LOL
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

GTX

Quote from: Dork the kit slayer on January 27, 2009, 02:01:32 AM

Raddish...take your meds......silly boy  LOL
[/quote]

A B-17 on floats might look a little like a Blohm und Voss Ha139:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

jcf

Quote from: GTX on January 28, 2009, 12:30:26 AM

A B-17 on floats might look a little like a Blohm und Voss Ha139:

...or the CANT Z.511, the largest float seaplane (Span: 131' 2.75"; Length: 93' 6"; Weight[loaded]:73,987 lbs):

http://www.vvsregiaavions.com/RegiaHTML/rz5111.htm

Jon

Mossie

That last one makes me think a Fw Condor would look good with floats, appropriate to it's anti-shipping roll too.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.