IAI 1123 Westwind                    Leoman, Masterkit, Top Kit

Italy
Piaggio PD.808                    Sky Models 7205

UK
HS 125 Dominie                    Airfix 00389, Liberty LQK7212, LQK7219
HS 125-600                            Matchbox PK110

USA
Cessna Citation V                    Sanger 7211
Gates Learjet 35A                    Rareplanes 03005, RVHP 2198 , 2199 , 2202 , 2203 , 2204 , 2205 , 2206 , 2207 , 2208 , 2209 , 2210
Gates Learjet 36A                    RVHP 2201
C-21A Learjet                            RVHP 2200
R-35A Learjet                            RVHP 2205
U-36A Learjet                            RVHP 2211
Gulfstream GIV                    Broplan MS-53, Welsh EJP 72/1
Rockwell T-39A Sabreliner    Airmodel 193
Rockwell T-39D Sabreliner    Airmodel 193

Jon

ChernayaAkula

Is there a kit (preferably 1/72 or 1/144) of the Shorts 330/C-23 Sherpa? I'd really like to build one of those gunships one day!  :cheers:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

kitnut617

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on December 19, 2008, 03:31:04 PM
Is there a kit (preferably 1/72 or 1/144) of the Shorts 330/C-23 Sherpa? I'd really like to build one of those gunships one day!  :cheers:

Aeroclub did one in 1/72 which is multi media, I've got one in the stash, also Welsh Models does a 1/144 multi media kit.  You will have to search the second hand websites for the Aeroclub kit but here's a link to the Welsh Models one: http://www.welshmodels.co.uk/MTrange.html
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

kengeorge

Morning,
   Been busy whiffing up more DC-8's.
   1st one is a Royal Australian Air Force E-3D AWACS, followed by an RAAF C.2.KR AAR.
   3rd is a Royal Swedish Air Force E-3D AWACS.
   Last, is a USAF Airbus CV-34 (yes another Air Force One!).
   ChernayaAkula, I would love to see a gunship Sherpa made plastic, go for it!
   Ken. 

ChernayaAkula

Captain Canada's BAe-146s (HERE), the Sherpa Gunships (HERE and HERE) and Sentinel Chicken's BAe-146 C-23 replacement (HERE) got me thinking: How about a BAe-146 converted to a gunship like the Sherpas?  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Just call me Ray

It's a crappy self-made pic of a Lockheed Unmanned Combat Armed Rotorcraft (UCAR), BTW
Even Saddam realized the hazard of airplanes, and was discovered hiding in a bunker. - Skydrol from Airliners.net

kengeorge

Morning,
           Been busy doing other things however I have done a quartet of
Airbus' and DC-8's.
1 is an RAAF C.2KR in low viz.
2 is a NATO E.3D also in low viz
3 is a NATO E.5B J-AWACS (A340-200) part of Operation Safe Waters and
4 is an RAF Airbus KC.1A also part of Operation Safe Waters-having a possible back story concerning
piracy in the gulf of Aden. Who knows?
          ChernayaAkula, I have been cleaning up some BAe-146 blanks, Hmmm, AC-146? sounds good,
any suggestions on armament fit? Got my own but always ready to listen (or is it read)? other people's opinions.
Ken

GINge!

Always wanted to a convert my Canadair CL-415 into a replacement for the Albatross, but in RCN markings of course!

kengeorge

Morning,
          I have been looking at Captain Canada's thread on http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,4727.0.html
very interesting and had inspired me to put my BAe-146 blanks to good use.
1st is my take on CC's Canadian Armed Forces BAe-146 STA from 8 Wing Trenton
2nd is a CAF BAe-146 SAR bird from 9 Wing Gander
3rd is a Canadian Navy CC-146 from 2 Transport Wing Sheerwater
4th however is a US Army Shorts C-23B of the Golden Knights Parachute Display Team.
Any comments?
Thanks
Ken

ChernayaAkula

Nice profiles! :thumbsup: Especially the SAR version!

Now a BAe-146 converted to a gunship like the Sherpas, please!  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

kengeorge

Morning,
           Thanks fo the comments guys, apohhenia, I was not aware of the change or for that matter
unification of the Canadian forces, or anything like that, thanks for correcting me.
           Anyway, been doing some more profiles-
1st is an RAF BAe-146 C.1A of 30 Sqn on TDY at Camp Bastion.
2nd is a USAF BAe-146 LC-24C Trader of the 139th AS New York Air Guard. Ski equipped so it can operate in the arctic circle Servicing the DEW line sites. This aircraft also has a panel ahead of the cargo door to fit JATO bottles.
3rd is an Armada Mexico BAe-146 C.2B Maritime patrol aircraft complete with nose mounted FLIR, side mounted SLAR and a tail MAD stinger.
4th just for chernaya Akula-is a USAF AC-24E 'Silent Stalker' of the 19th SOS. Thought about calling it 'Whispering Death' perhaps not, not PC enough is it.
            Armament-1x 20mm M-61 1x 7.62mm M134 1x 90mm Cockerill Low Recoil Force gun. Under nose FLIR Dorsal SATCOM hump chaff and flare dispensers near the tail, an DIRCM jammer and a tail ramp!
            Tell me what you think,
             Ken
PS Might do an IAF AC-24E...Hmmm..........

pyro-manic

Some ideas for gunship conversions:

Armstrong Whitworth Argosy - similar to AC-130, with a howitzer (QF 25-pounder?) and some heavy-calibre machine guns/cannon in the side of the cargo bay. Possibly upgrade the engines.
Blackburn Beverley - as above.
Bristol Superfreighter - re-engine with turboprops, mount a turret with a few 20mm/40mm cannon in place of the nose clamshell doors?

There's the Airfix kit of the Superfreighter easily available, so it could be a fun bash. No idea on the Argosy (is there a vacform available?), but I suspect it'd be a pretty expensive project. Same goes for the Beverley.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

ChernayaAkula

Yeah! AC-24 rocks!  :bow: The Cockerill is a neat touch. I'd have thought 40mm would be tops, but the Cockerill does make sense!
Cheers,
Moritz

PR19_Kit

Quote from: pyro-manic on January 06, 2009, 07:06:16 PM
Armstrong Whitworth Argosy - similar to AC-130, with a howitzer (QF 25-pounder?) and some heavy-calibre machine guns/cannon in the side of the cargo bay. Possibly upgrade the engines.

A gunship Beverley? Sounds of hysterical laughter from the South West! :) ;D :lol:

You'd have to ensure there wasn't a sign of any slew forward to the aim, or the recoil would stop the Bev dead! Perhaps another idea would be to mount a 5.5" medium in the cargo bay aiming out the back door? That would accelerate the Bev and put a heavier weight  of fire down, but aiming may be a problem.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: pyro-manic on January 06, 2009, 07:06:16 PM

Bristol Superfreighter - re-engine with turboprops, mount a turret with a few 20mm/40mm cannon in place of the nose clamshell doors?

There's the Airfix kit of the Superfreighter easily available, so it could be a fun bash. No idea on the Argosy (is there a vacform available?), but I suspect it'd be a pretty expensive project. Same goes for the Beverley.

Two 1/72 kits are available of the Argosy, Magna Models does a resin military version and Aircraft in Miniature does a vacuform of the civil version.  Sanger does a 1/72 vacuform of the Beverley.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike