Stingray (F-5 +J-35 )

Started by sotoolslinger, November 03, 2008, 05:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinUnNombre

The gray nose and decals are really bringing this great build together. Can't wait to see it without the canopy masking and up on it's legs. Keep up the great work Toolslinger.

Jon

BlackOps

Speaking of canopy masking, do you go around it with an x-acto before you try and peel it off or is there some other secret you use to remove the masking after painting?

Looks Mucho Grande! :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Rafael

Extraordinario!!!
Magnífico!!!
Bellísimo!!!
Grandioso!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Those Venezuelan flaga and roundels look veery good in an outstanding air vehicle :wub: :wub: :wub:

VIVA LA REPUBLICA DE TEXAS!!!

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

sotoolslinger

Thanks all y'all  ;D I hope to be able to start installing load out after work tonight.
Yes I lightly go around the masking with an exacto before peeling. I am actually looking forward to seeing how this turns out . I have been using future on my canopies in the past and having very spotty results. I recently found out that my canopy mask has ammonia as an ingredient so it was eating the future. This time I just made sure that the canopy was very clean and left off the future. we'll see :blink:
Rafa I am very pleased you like it. As a valued ally the RoT is pleased to provide Venezuela with these fighters ;D :wub: :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

sotoolslinger

Okay I don't know wy these are so dark but here are a few long shots

Here is the start of the load out :wacko:

I also noticed that there were very cool Swordfish decals on the Draken  kit

Slightly better pic
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

Question about digital cameras :huh: Do the memory cards wear out ? My last pics are looking rather crappy and grainy :blink:
I amuse me.

Mossie

I'm not an expert, but I think you've got two problems going on.  First is that the camera has auto focused on the pitot, so everything else is out of focus.  Most cameras these days have manual or semi-automatic focusing & you should be able to adjust it to suit.  Second, the lighting is a little dim & this can reduce image quality.  Sometimes using the flash can help but it can also 'wash out' the model.  If you want to get into photographing your models a little more, buy at least two anglepoise lamps to get even light, you should be able to pick them up fairly cheaply.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Sauragnmon

Distance, Zoom attempt, lighting with a tint (it looks to have a poor tint).  Those would likely have caused the degredation of quality in your pictures, STS.

Sometimes, digital can get a little twitchy.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

sotoolslinger

And we have loadout

OOPS I gotta fix that pitot tube :banghead:

I did make a stand for this one ;D

I of course screwed up the canopy :banghead: I drilled all the holes for the weapons pylons after installing the canopy so it is all full of shavings

I amuse me.

Ed S

Give this man a gold star.  This one turned out great.  Looks like its loaded for anything...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

noxioux

That is seriously beautiful.  Wow. :wub: :wub: :wub:  A sexy beast.

sotoolslinger

Thanks y'all  ;D It has definitely been a fun build. One of those that just seem to work out well. Thanks to my very good friend who sent me the Draken and to JP Vieira for the bad arse profile. :wub: :wub:
I amuse me.

Brian da Basher

Totally sweet, Toolslinger! That's a very menacing load-out!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

Thanks B  ;D It's fun bashing the weapons too. :wacko:
I amuse me.