Stingray (F-5 +J-35 )

Started by sotoolslinger, November 03, 2008, 05:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Totally pro-style, Toolslinger! Looks flawless!
:bow:
Brian da Basher

pyro-manic

Fan-bloody-tastic! This just gets better and better. :wub:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

sotoolslinger

Thanks all y'all  ;D I did some more sanding this am and I only have a half day(night :blink:) tonight so I will have some more pics up soon. :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

illithid00

That's awesome! The wing goes really well with the F-5 fuselage. Can't wait to see more! :cheers:

sotoolslinger

All sanidificated

Needs more putty ;D :blink:
I amuse me.

PanzerWulff

I just  :wub: LOVE  :wub: how this one is turning out STS nice progress from when I got to see it last friday   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

lancer

I absolutely LOVE the way this build is turning out!! I am stunned into a very respectful silence by your skils STS. It's amazing watching your builds.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Howedar

This is fantastic stuff, maybe my favorite thing I've ever seen here.

What plans do you have for the boxy spine above and between the engines? It looks too nice as it is to cut it or cap it off without something a little more interesting. Maybe a braking parachute sting?

Sisko

This is certainly one of the cleanest finishes you've done so far!!!!

My hat of to you so far. And casting those engine bulges on the road :blink:

I used to model on the road to, but that is taking it to a whole other level.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Damian2

Mr. Toolslinger your models are getting better and better as you progress! I can't wait to see this one slathered in paint...oh yes :wub:

D
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

sotoolslinger

Very big thanks to all y'all ;D :wub: Howedar I have been thinking of how to finish out that big box above the engines myself. It will definitely stay  :thumbsup: I will find some sort of stinger to install  ;D I am now ,unfortunately , at a tire joint getting tires and an alignment since I just noticed the truck is ailing :banghead: :banghead: Then I have to go pack up and move 50 miles before I go to work tonight so no modeling for the 'Slinger today :banghead: :banghead:
I amuse me.

Sauragnmon

Very nice, STS, looks great - You going to include the tail hook on it?  Navalized would be nice, and it looks like those wings are made to fold with the seams in the double delta corner.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

sotoolslinger

Well ,you know ,I was thinking along those lines but I thought deltas had long takeoff runs making them unsuitable for carriers? :huh: :blink: Please correct me if I am wrong. :thumbsup:
I amuse me.

Sauragnmon

I'd dare to say between the beefy engines for the size of the airframe, and a catapult assist, it could well just work in a carrier flight role - but I'm not an expert on the topic.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.