Stingray (F-5 +J-35 )

Started by sotoolslinger, November 03, 2008, 05:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

This is an inspired idea - one of those "should have beens" that have you slapping your forehead and wondering why you didn't think of it yourself.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

On the subject of the Cruggen/Viggsader, wouldn't it be interesting to use the Viggen flying surfaces in the normal positions on the F-8 fuselage, i.e use the canard as a tailplane?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

JP Vieira

sotoolslinger : you are trully a master builder :bow:
Best regards and keep amazing us with your expertise :thumbsup:

sotoolslinger

Thanks to all y'all :wub: I plan to paint her up like the Venezuelan F-16's  :thumbsup: On the Crusiggin It looks like I will have to do 2  :blink: :rolleyes:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Arc3371

Having mixed feelings about this one, on one hand you are desecrating my favorite aircraft (Draken) on the other hand you are doing a very good job of joining these very different aircraft into something unique

sotoolslinger

Technically I am not desecrating a Draken  ;D The backstory on this one will be that is a unique design of the Republic and is neither a Super Draken or an F-5 XL .Lets just call it a parallel development. In my timeline the designers of the Draken come to work for Toolslinger Aerospace and design this aircraft in the late 1950's ;D
I amuse me.

Sauragnmon

Man, when you whifbash, you do it with a sledgehammer, tool.  Looking bloody awesome so far, keep it up!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

sotoolslinger

Thanks Saur ;D I am currently raping an F-15 for it's burner cans to add bigger engines :o :blink: Let me guess ,it's your favorite jet  :banghead: :banghead:
I amuse me.

Sauragnmon

Hell no, I lean to the Eastern Birds, don't worry about raping Western Birds for bits with me.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

sotoolslinger

Well my upcoming combination of a MiG 1.44 and the fictional Ferret should make your skin crawl ;D
I amuse me.

Arc3371

How hard would it be to make TVC nozzles for this aircraft? Despite my feelings I look forward to every update (as I do with almost all your projects since you certainly think outside the box)

sotoolslinger

I'm sure I could do it but I don't think it would be period. Right this minute I have the new nozzles on and am blending them to the fuselage . Give me an hour and I will have pics up ;D
BTW The Draken is also my Favorite Aircraft I just have a pathological aversion to building anything 00B ;D
I amuse me.

PanzerWulff

Got plans for the 1.44 and the Ferret already  ;D Cant wait to see that one HEH HEH HEH :wacko:
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

sotoolslinger

Oh yeah Panzer I luvs the shapes ;D
I am so glad this worked out :o :blink: I wanted bigger engines on this bash so at the Pwulfs LHS I grabbed a 1/72 F-15. Turned out perfect.
Here are the exhausts

Now the reason I picked the F-15 was because I knew that I would have to blend the cans to the existing fuselage and the Eagle has such pretty contours

But this piece would have been way too big to blend properly ....so I cast the inside

So now I have neato shapes to blend the fuse in

I am now casting another one of these shapes which I will cut in half to blend the upper surfaces ;D
I amuse me.

cthulhu77

PanzerWulff

You cast resin ON THE ROAD  :blink: :blink: :blink: Hats off to you  :bow: :bow: :bow:
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!