1:48 Hawk in Cliche Camouflage - My comeback Whif

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, November 06, 2008, 01:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damian2

I fawned over it on BritMod and I'll fawn over it here too...I LOVE IT!!!

:banghead: Also because you've been gone so long I posted a pic in the "Whiffs founds on the 'Net" thread too  ;D

D
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

entlim

You have hitted me with a black box- I'm not playing this game!.........

Amphion

Awww Schucks !!!

There goes one of my potential projects, no use keeping those mental notes any more  :banghead:.

On the other hand it's a striking model, far better than I would ever have managed :bow:, so I'm not to crushed.

In my scenario the RSwAF was looking to replace the Sk60 (SAAB 105, in service 1967-) with a new trainer, designated Sk62 in RSwAF service (Sk61 is the Bulldog, in service 1972-199?).
Initially I planned to use the same designation for a lot of different types (Hawk, Alpha Jet etc.) and only subdivid them with -A, -B as the RSwAF evaluated them all (a neat way to put a lot of different trainers in Swedish markings and use the same backstory).
Later though I changed this to unique designations for every manufacturer, mostly because I wanted to be able to use different types of the same a/c. I.e. with the Hawk, the basic trainer version (Sk62A) and the 100-series LIFT (Sk62B). The later one would be slated for a low-viz paintjob.

If this coincides with your back-story, feel free to use it.
Amphion

SPINNERS

Fantastic! Chapeau!

Take the rest of the week off...

Sisko

Damn nice work there Ian!!!!!!

Cliche maybe, but I don't care.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Eddie M.

It's always a pleasure to see your work Ian and this is nothing short of awesome in the truest sense of the word. As JHM mentioned, your finishes are a sight to behold. Great work! :thumbsup: :bow:
Look behind you!

nev

So *thats* the Hawk project you've been working on!

To be fair, its not so much the splinter camo that does it, its the dayglo bits that really set it off.  Full marks, go and collect a lollipop from teacher!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

NARSES2

I knew you were working on a subject with a "tricky" finish, but didn't think of this. As Nev says the dayglow bits really make it.

Stunner  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

noxioux

Beautiful.  An excellent choice/execution for a comeback. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Mike Wren

Dork the kit slayer

More success than the Osmonds :wacko:  Itll do till you get your hand in :thumbsup:
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

lancer

OUTSTANDING!!! Brilliant mwork Ian and Well Done
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

ysi_maniac

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on November 06, 2008, 01:01:03 PM
There's a 'this is how I did it' article being finished for this little project, hopefully this will answer any questions that may come.

I really will like to know how could you make this marvel ... and survive  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
I have several projects involving Swedish camo schemes, but I have not collected courage to accomplish. :banghead:
Outstanding paintjob. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Will die without understanding this world.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

The aforementioned article has been submitted for the mods to check-over..... it's up to them now :bow:. To all who have posted replies, THANKS. You've been very positive - except Dork, but what can one expect from your (alleged) BEST MAN - this build and the great response has really rekindled my appetite for 1:48 building in general and 1:48 Whiffing in particular...... Next.......

Something grey !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)