LVT, LVT(A), AMTRAC, and Alligator

Started by jcf, November 08, 2008, 01:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

A selection of LVTs on this pic from the Wikipedia Sands of Iwo Jima page.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

That's interesting: I didn't know that those four rectangular shapes on the back of the rear-engined versions were pipes that stood up (see the LVT(A)-4 in the foreground). I thought they were just mushroom-style vent-covers.  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

jcf

Quote from: Weaver on March 15, 2020, 11:02:27 AM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on March 15, 2020, 10:59:42 AM
Quote from: Weaver on March 14, 2020, 05:41:09 PM
Cheers Jon. :thumbsup:
Just to be clear, the 40mm guns were mounted on a pedestal in an open-topped LVT-4, not on a roof:

Yes Harold, I know, that's why I said closest to.  ;)

Yes Jon, I know you know, but I was making it clear for other people who may only have seen the side profile you posted...  ;) ;)

;D ;D

Old Wombat

Quote from: Weaver on March 17, 2020, 05:18:20 AM
That's interesting: I didn't know that those four rectangular shapes on the back of the rear-engined versions were pipes that stood up (see the LVT(A)-4 in the foreground). I thought they were just mushroom-style vent-covers.  :thumbsup:

I think you'll find they are vent covers, mate, but that the (rear) engine hatch, to which they're attached, has been opened.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est