RAAF typhoon

Started by Sisko, November 09, 2008, 04:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noxioux

Beautiful build, sisko.   :wub:  The weathering is perfect.

nev

OK, not the Typhoon I was expecting, but holy hell does that ever look cool! b)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Sisko

Quote from: bluntie on November 09, 2008, 04:42:27 PM
She's a cracker Sisko!!! man i gotta extract didgit and get some more building done :bow:

Hehe I wasn't even thinking about the modern Typhoon. I guess when people here talk of Typhoons I think of the WW2 version not the modern one. Not that I don't like the new one!

In fact I wouldn't mind getting the sweet 1/48th revell kit and making it Aussie. Maybe some wraparound desert scheme. I could use some of Gekko's Rafale schemes as inspriration.

Bluntie mate glad to see you are still around!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

NARSES2

Very Nice

I built a whole line up of Typhoons from the Accademy kit :RAAF, SEAC, USAAF, French, Italian. Once I get the Russian one done I'll post the complete lineup. It's an aircraft that suits a whole load of markings and schemes
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Sisko

I did a russian one a couple of months back.

Can't wait to see yours
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Hi Sisko

I was thinking of a very similar camo scheme as you've used on your Russian Typhoon. I was going to place her on the Southern Front operating against the Turks. Project is back on because I've now got the Russian rockets I need  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 10, 2008, 01:36:16 AM
Very Nice

I built a whole line up of Typhoons from the Accademy kit :RAAF, SEAC, USAAF, French, Italian. Once I get the Russian one done I'll post the complete lineup. It's an aircraft that suits a whole load of markings and schemes

Wot !

No FAA machine, tsk, tsk :blink:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

ysi_maniac

High modeling standard, indeed :thumbsup: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Will die without understanding this world.

Brian da Basher

Very well done! Few can make as sharp and clean as you, Sisko!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

GTX

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 10, 2008, 03:05:54 PM
Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on November 10, 2008, 11:25:49 AM

Wot !

Ian

I did an FAA Tempest II last year - do I win £5?

Only if you post pics!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on November 10, 2008, 11:25:49 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on November 10, 2008, 01:36:16 AM
Very Nice

Wot !

Ian

One day I may attempt the conversion to a Sea Typhoon - one day

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 10, 2008, 07:42:16 AM
Nice, very nice but the canopy is the only snag as Hobbyboss got it wrong.

Thanks, Chris.  You've just given me an idea for a scenario I was trying to work out.

Feel free - I have the Turks joining the Axis which means that there is conflict in S Russia and Syria/Iraq/Iran. The Italian forces that went to the Don Front are now sent to this one instead