Thunderstreak build in progress

Started by BlackOps, November 09, 2008, 06:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

Captain Canada

Sweet ! She's really coming along. Looking forward to the next update !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Looking forward to it!   :thumbsup:  Keep the momentum going....
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Getting an ache to build ANOTHER one...... as mentioned, absolutely love this kit !

Keep it coming, BlackOps, want to see this finished by New Year  :wacko:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

BlackOps

I'm going to try like heck to have this done by the end of the month!

Paint ops - Round 1
Base coat is a very pale tan with a light green camo applied. I decided to spray the camo freehand instead of masking it all, Partly to give it a softer edge and partly because I'm lazy ;D

I'm still going to add a light gray into the camo, and I've yet to decide on the belly color, not sure if I want to go light blue or grey.  It's always fun to fake it as I go along!  :thumbsup:

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Eddie M.

I'm diggin' the paintwork. It's got that fade you spoke of that I really enjoy. :)
Look behind you!

Ed S

So far, so good.  I like this.  I suggest the light grey bottom.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

BlackOps

Made a little more progress tonight, got the grey on and the belly painted.

The belly has a slight bluish tint to it but doesn't show worth a poop in the pics. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to see if I can get any pics in natural light.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get the markings on it, then get to some weathering :)

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

sotoolslinger

That is looking really slick J  :thumbsup: Gorgeous paint work :wub: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

John Howling Mouse

Talented fellow!   :bow:

Edit: Boy, does this look even better on my PC screen (I first saw it on a laptop-----no comparison re: the subtlety in hues).  Can only imagine how much better your models must look in person, BlackOps.  Again:  :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: sotoolslinger on December 28, 2008, 07:40:40 AM
That is looking really slick J  :thumbsup: Gorgeous paint work

Yup, that covers it

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

sotoolslinger

Having actually seen those bad boys in person I can attest that they are freakin awesome :wub: :wub: :bow: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Captain Canada

Sweet.....she's going to be a beauty !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

BlackOps

Thank you guys for the encouragement, and kind words! You guys rock!  :thumbsup:
Unfortunately, I'm having serious doubts about finishing this before the new year arrives (The faster I go the behinder I get). I was making good time yesterday, then I started feeling like crap (I've had some health issues going on since August and they sure pick the worst times to show up, not to worry, not life threatening but it sure knocks the wind out of my sails) so I lost most of the day yesterday, and I'm still not feeling up to snuff tonight, so theres no way I can wrap this up by Wednesday no matter how hard I try.

I probably won't get to work on it again until New Years Day. Hey, at least it will be my first completed kit of 2009!  ;D

Anyhow, Here's what I did get done before getting sidelined. I painted the anti-glare panel and started masking the Zulu markings.

After the first two colors of paint on the rightwing were layed down, I removed the masks and started placing them on the left wing (this is as far as I got). Some touch ups will be necessary but I think I'd rather not rush it too much, since I decided to paint the markings rather than make decals (What was I thinking?  ::) )

I reeeeaaaally wanted to squeeze this in before 2008 expired, but I'll be happy just to finish it up soon, heck I've got other projects I need to work on! :)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Ed S

I think it's looking pretty good.  Nice camo and the markings really set it off.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.