Thunderstreak build in progress

Started by BlackOps, November 09, 2008, 06:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

Zulu markings?  :o Now that... is something different! :thumbsup: Way cool!

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

nev

That is looking really, really cool.

Dunc, I like your backstory - how does it affect the all-conquering SA Cricket team? ;)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

BlackOps

Duncan, I'm terrible with backstories  :banghead: What you've got sounds perfectly plausible to me  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

sotoolslinger

:bow: That is just terribly cool :thumbsup: Great idea on the markings :wub: Hope you get to feeling better bubba ;D
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

noxioux

Hmmmmmmm. . . Looking very good.  I saw one of these on the shelf at one of the local shops and almost grabbed it.  There are some great profiles of the 'streak in that old "Flying Colors" book that are pretty darn good looking.  I guess I'll have to go see if it's still there.

I also have been wanting to pick up that early Richard Bach book (I can't remember the darn title now. . .), in which he describes his experience flying the Thunderstreak.  I think it's one of the great cold war planes that's almost entirely overlooked.

A great subject, man.  And great execution so far. :wub:

PS:  The pistol range DOES count as work. . . :thumbsup:

BlackOps

Well, I went a frakked up my zulu markings so I've headed in another direction with this one. I'm now thinking that the aircraft was captured by another tribe and re-painted with new markings (some of the zulu markings are still visible)  I've still got a ways to go yet, but thought I'd share an update pic :)

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

noxioux

I'm liking it.  I think you hit on one of those serendipitous boo-boos that's going to give you something better than you planned for originally.   :thumbsup:

Daryl J.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

This just keeps getting better and betterer !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

sotoolslinger

Looks really very cool J. :thumbsup: Love the new markings :wub: A superb build :bow: (as usual) ;D
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

BlackOps

Thanks guys!  I'm really trying to get this one finished up....I'm already behind on my "I'd like to finish one build a month" plan  :banghead: But hey at least I'm not on the schedule Radish set for himself!  :blink:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: noxioux on December 30, 2008, 09:28:34 PM

I also have been wanting to pick up that early Richard Bach book (I can't remember the darn title now. . .), in which he describes his experience flying the Thunderstreak.  I think it's one of the great cold war planes that's almost entirely overlooked.

"Stranger To The Ground"    Fantastic aviation book; one of my most favorite.   :cheers:

BlackOps: the new markings are even better.  Maybe it was simply meant to be.   :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cthulhu77

Slick is the word for this one, very believable.

Brian da Basher

I think your accident actually propelled the project to the next level! I really like the subdued camo scheme and the new whiffy markings as well as the rubbed out markings of the former operator! This baby has prizewinner written all over it!!!
:bow: :bow:
Brian da Basher