Southern Expo 2009

Started by Nick, November 10, 2008, 12:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Southern Expo, March 14th and 15th 2009.

Hornchurch Sports Centre, Harrow Lodge Park, Hornchurch Road, Hornchurch, Essex, RM11 1JU

Open 10-5 on Saturday, 10-4 on Sunday.

Adult entry £3
Senior Citizens £2
Children £1

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/southernexpo/

Martin H

The saturday clashes with the Peterbrorough show nick. And im trying to see if the local lads can shoehorn us in stand wise.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

NARSES2

I'll probably do the saturday for a couple of hours. Tends to be a good show for traders
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nev

Peterborough on the Saturday is a  much better bet for me.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Martin H

Ive asked for space, but its a hard show to break into display wise due to lack of room in peterborough town hall
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitbasher

Never been to Southern Expo before.  Worth a visit, and is anyone going?  ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Southern Expo is like a mini-Telford with an Essex accent. :)

One big hall with everyone who is anyone there, but parking is a nightmare unless you're there at the crack of dawn. That goes for either day too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

I won't be going as I have to work that weekend. It is a good and big show on the scale of Huddersfield.

NARSES2

I'll probably pop along on the Saturday morning for a couple of hours - if trains and tube are running  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Had a couple of hours at the show yesterday. It's a good show, although I don't know why they do two days. Met up with Mike McEvoy (who kindly pointed me in the direction of some expensive resin  :banghead:) Colin (of Freightdog) and Gordon (McCreig) from the Soviet SIG and this site.

Here's some pictures - not all WIF's (sorry for individual posts but I can't figure this multiple posting lark  :banghead:)

Chris

NARSES2

I may hve learnt how to multi post !  ;D

NARSES2

NARSES2

NARSES2

GTX

Is that a Blohm & Voss BV 144?  I didn't know there were kits?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!