Big Boeings and Saxon kings - my latest work

Started by nev, November 13, 2008, 04:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Thought I'd share with you my latest finished models (non-whiff)

First up: E-767, 501 (first one delivered) as it appeared in the markings of the Air Proving Wing at Gifu AB before entering operational service.  This is the Hasegawa 1/200 kit and was done for the JASDF GB on Britmodeller

more pics http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19252

Raedwald, King of the East Angles

Ruling the Saxon kingdom in South East England from 600 to 624 AD, Raedwald is the King most commonly identified with the famous Sutton Hoo helmet.  The most powerful King of the various groups in England at that time he was also the first Saxon ruler to receive a Christian baptism, possibly at the hands of St Augustine himself.

This is the Andrea Miniatures 54mm kit - my first ever figure and very enjoyable too.  Never going to win Euro Militaire, but I'm happy with it.  This will be on the "Best of British" display for Britmodeller @ Telford

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21133
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

Nev, that 767 is sheer beauty ! Can we see some more pics of her ? Great job for such a small aeroplane.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

Both are great Nev!  I've been thinking a lot of figure painting myself, you've made me think that I might try & pick some up at Telford.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

kitnut617

The big rotordome sure doesn't look out of place on the 767, very nicely done.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

nev

QuoteNev, that 767 is sheer beauty ! Can we see some more pics of her ? Great job for such a small aeroplane

Thanks Todd  -click the link below the picture for more pics and IP work ;)

QuoteI've been thinking a lot of figure painting myself, you've made me think that I might try & pick some up at Telford.

hehe, we can go trawling together then :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Sisko

The 767 is great and the figure, well that is fantastic! :thumbsup:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Captain Canada

Some times I'm a total retard....I must have clicked the link a half dozen times......before I realized you meant the link below the 767 !

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

I can believe your paintjob on the 767 (since you always amaze with your aircraft) but the 54mm figure---wow!  And you say that's your first figure?  You have just stepped into a whole new venue of modeling.  Imagine the whif potential of figure kits!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Mossie

Quote from: nev on November 13, 2008, 05:29:48 AM
QuoteNev, that 767 is sheer beauty ! Can we see some more pics of her ? Great job for such a small aeroplane

Thanks Todd  -click the link below the picture for more pics and IP work ;)

QuoteI've been thinking a lot of figure painting myself, you've made me think that I might try & pick some up at Telford.

hehe, we can go trawling together then :)

Did you pick up any figures at Telford Nev?  Sorry I missed you, couldn't go on Saturday in the end, went Sunday instead.  I looked at a few including a Verlinden SAS trooper with a shotgun & a Mongol Warrior, but ended up passing on them & got Dragons 1/35 Gulf War 'Desert Rats' set.  Idea was that these were a lot cheaper than a £20 resin figure so I could afford to mess them up!  They also might do for a Christmas pressie for my brother.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

cthulhu77

Very, very nice work, Sir!  The jet looks to be perfect, and the figure is, is...ah heck, it is gorgeous ! Superb is the word.

nev

QuoteDid you pick up any figures at Telford Nev?

Yep, I got a 54mm figure of Gandalf (that wasn't called Gandalf for lots of copyright reasons ;) ).  Only thing with your Desert Rats boyos is painting camo uniforms - doing that atm with some JGSDF tankers and it is NOT easy...

Thanks for all the kind words everyone else.

Mossie

Yeah, I've been looking at them today & wondered about that!  And only in 1/35 too, makes me think I should have picked up the SAS guy after all!!! :rolleyes:

nev

Its not just the camo pattern - its getting the shadows and highlights done as well.  Excellent article in last months MM, but very involved!