O

Draw Decals

Started by Overkiller, November 13, 2008, 03:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 04, 2017, 08:36:20 AM
£120 for a 1/144 scale kit? I know it's big, but it's not THAT big!  :o

And I've got an Otaki one already, so I know.....

esp. considering the Revell An-124 is the same size and costs something like 1/3 of that.
(and it'd be a good destination for those decals  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Hobbes on August 04, 2017, 12:45:37 PM

esp. considering the Revell An-124 is the same size and costs something like 1/3 of that.

An excellent point Harro, it'd be interesting to put that to the Roden guys at Telford. The market for a C-5 must be a lot larger than that for the An-124 I'd have thought. The Revell An-124 is a superb kit too, really top of the class.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

I have an Anigrand C-5M with C-5A/B engines and a set of 26 Decals for the VC-10 to do exactly that, perhaps I should get the Draw Decals for an RAF C-5 and just use the VC-10 decals for something else?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

jcf

A pointless comparison, as the Anigrand is a limited production all-resin kit, not a mass-produced injection moulded
kit designed and produced in Russia.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on August 04, 2017, 02:31:29 PM

A pointless comparison, as the Anigrand is a limited production all-resin kit, not a mass-produced injection moulded

But we're not comparing an Anigrand kit with a Revell kit, we're comparing the Roden C-5 with the Revell An-124, both of which are mass-produced injection moulded kits. Probably more 'mass' with the Revell kit admittedly, but they're like for like.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 04, 2017, 03:23:57 PM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on August 04, 2017, 02:31:29 PM

But we're not comparing an Anigrand kit with a Revell kit, we're comparing the Roden C-5 with the Revell An-124, both of which are mass-produced injection moulded kits. Probably more 'mass' with the Revell kit admittedly, but they're like for like.

Oops, my mistake I didn't see the mention of Roden in Geoff's post, just Anigrand above.  :banghead:
I guess my ongoing lack of sleep because of the seemingly endless heat and smoke is
catching up, and now they've extended the crap through the end of next week.
:banghead:

Yep, £122 for a Roden kit is steep, I get that they don't have a big player's resources, but yowza.

kitnut617

I'm going to get Greg's C-5 decals too, but for my two 1/72 C-5's. I was going to built them RW but now after reading this discussion, I think I'll do one as an RAF C-5B. The other I'm going to ask Greg if he can modify one set so they represent one of the C-5Ms which are now in use. I've got an engine set to do the conversion already. I've also got a Revell 1/144 C-5 which will now be done as a RW C-5B. And now that Contrails Models do some very nice engine sets (  http://www.contrailsmodels.com/Engines.html  ) and Scale Aircraft Converions do a u/c set, upgrading the Revell kit will be a doodle.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Greg's decals would work well on an An-124 too. 

I like the late Flying Tigers scheme a lot. Well, actually I like them all.  ;D

Regards
Kit