ACE COMBAT HANGAR - The thread for Ace Combat series models

Started by Benjo, November 14, 2008, 12:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benjo

I did some more painting to the Schnee tomcat.
just showing the airbrushing not just with different shades of grey, but also with different levels of flat and gloss.
The areas near the panel lines are flatter than the area at the center of the panels..

So, no1 got a pic of the ace combat zero F-15E special scheme???? cant seem to find it to get it. I have an F-15E here that needs something special.
Being creative can be a gift - And a curse...

Sauragnmon

You should be able to find it on the forums over at Acecombatskies.com, Benjo - they have a section for all the paintjobs for each game in each related forum for that game.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Benjo

For some reason, the only picture that doesnt work on their list is the F-15E, darn!

But i have nearly finished my tomcat. I made a new canopy, yet another unbuilt kit sacrificed. just need to put on exhuasts, i painted the dagger shapes on them just now... i need a stand with the squadron logo, and shes done!!!

cthulhu77

Eddie M.

Wow! someone who built more Tomcats than me! Very impressive work!!
Look behind you!

Sauragnmon

Ok... I have a question... does this thread allow for aircraft in Ace Combat paint schemes that are not in the AC games?  Over on the Ace Combat Skies and a couple other forums, they've got one or more guys who are doing Profile Signatures for those who associate themselves as the Belkan Airforce, of their plane of choice, in their squadron colours.  This gave me a thought to spruce up the Ki-61 that's been sitting on my desk half-finished waiting for inspiration.  I abandoned its markings-on-metal paintjob, and have proceeded to start working on it in the colours of Rot Squadron.

Your thoughts?
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Benjo

Yeah i think ive seen those!
i saw one of a MiG-27 i think, that looked sweet.
Please share it with us!!!!

This is a what if site, and why not have what ifs, within the what if. :-)

Benny

Sauragnmon

Well, as promised, here's the two shots of my Rot Squadron Ki-61.  Hand painted markings, a little liberty with the drop tanks, based on the images of Rot Squadron you can find out there.  Belka, '45.

Ta da, there we go.  I have a Foxhound on order that's due up for Schwarze Squadron colours as well.

sudzonic

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul!

Sauragnmon

Careful man, ideas are dangerous things.  Go with them though.

Benjo

yeah thats right!
Ideas are a gift, and a curse. haha

AWESOME!!!!!!!!
This start inspiration for a whole lot more stuff to build.

in the meantime, i have done more on my F-14B Razgriz repaint.

Benny

Benjo

Hey guys, sorry i been quiet in here.
But i have been busy, and i have done this, i started making ace combat decals!
mainly just the F-14s in 1/48 at this stage though. but i guess the razgriz decals can be used for just about any jet you see in AC5.
These are the test drafts...

and, I have started making the F-16XFU Gyrfalcon from AC3.

Its getting there

Benny

gunfighter

Is that an UCAV?. I was not really interested on Tomcats, maybe because you can find them everywhere, you could say the same about F16s... But your builds are very inspiring and well executed!

Benjo

Its manned. Its kind of this future setup where the aircraft has been modified for higher G hence the huge strenghthening straps, the pilot also must be kind of lying down inside for the high G too.
The pilot inside is surrounded by one huge feild of vision and flies through feel and thought.

Benjo