ACE COMBAT HANGAR - The thread for Ace Combat series models

Started by Benjo, November 14, 2008, 12:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauragnmon

So, I was sitting there, and I got a little bored... and thought to myself... you know, Grun Squadron's colours are pretty sweet... and they look so prime for an Air to Ground bird... why not put them on a Fullback?  So I did - here's a test shot image, I wanted to see if I could pass the three colours I had in mind off onto the Grun pattern.

Questions, Comments, Queries, Rude Remarks?
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Brian da Basher

Nice camo pattern, Saur! Perfect for ground attack!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Sauragnmon

That's what I thought when I saw it and looked at it, was that the scheme looked perfect for a ground attack bird.  The underbody is done in gray, which wraps to the nose, the very tip of which is yellow.  All in all, it should look pretty sweet, when I get the bird soon.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Benjo

Yeap, thats looking pretty sweet! You have done well!
I always liked the Grun color scheme but it would look heaps better on a non fighter jet... maybe like an A-10 or SU-25, even a hind or an apache.
If it was to go on a fighter the scheme could be tones down or done in gray???????

Being creative can be a gift - And a curse...

Sauragnmon

Yeah, that's pretty much why I decided it would look sweet on a fighter-bomber like the Su-34 Fullback.  I might do it on something else as well, but I don't know.

Benjo

hey i finished my F-16XFU Gyrfalcon

Hope that you like it!
Benny

Spey_Phantom

that looks awesome  ;D, tou should post that over at acecombatskies.com  :thumbsup:
now where did i put my copy of AC3  :rolleyes:

im planning to make a UPEO aircraft to, the F-22C, i still have a 1/144 YF-22, i might give it a COFFIN system and do it in UPEO colors.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Sauragnmon

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Amen

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
What a model man!
It looked very unique construction from the start...
and now with this so right painting and weathering looks fantastic!!

Criticism accepted.

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Benjo

hey thanks guys!Crap i just noticed that i forgot to paint the refueling panel at the top as well as the cannon nozzle... will fix this soon.
Soon ill be back with the SU-37R. using the noseless flanker left over from my S-32 Berkut bash. it will be a challenge making the new nose, which is HEAPS Skinnier then the normal flanker anyway.

Benny

madcatter

Yes, VERY impressive.  Let me know when you're ready to print some 1/72 decals.  I'd be glad to buy some from you.
-N8

Benjo

Yeah, these decals should downsize to 1/72 pretty good, they would actually be sharper and cleaner in 1/72.
Ill let you know when theyre done mate. the artwork is already done for them, so its just a matter of getting the scale down correct.

benny