ACE COMBAT HANGAR - The thread for Ace Combat series models

Started by Benjo, November 14, 2008, 12:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benjo

Okay, ive done it, i started the thread for Ace combat planes.

Use this for posting reference, in-progress, and finished builds.

Thanks guys!

I start the thread, this these pics.
1/48 Razgriz F-14B

Revell 1/48 F-14D kit.

Yellow 13 and S-32 berkut 1/48 academy

Both are Academy 1/48 SU-27 Flanker kits, the S-32 has the fuselage and wings of an Academy F-111, heavily modded of course.

F-15ACTIVE in the making.... Hey btw, what scheme should i do this in, im having big problems choosing. i started it in the Ferris scheme, which is the knight scheme i think??? but now im not so sure. it looks better on a tomcat...

Academy F-15E kit 1/48.

Being creative can be a gift - And a curse...

illithid00

That Su-47 is incredible! Do you have in-progress pics of that one?

Benjo

illithid00

That's sick! A perfect complement to the Su-27 Flanker! :thumbsup:

Spey_Phantom

nice models  :thumbsup:

i still have some 1/144 UPEO aircraft from AC3 somewhere in storage.
i'll try to find them tonight  :rolleyes:
made then about 5 years back  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Sauragnmon

Very nice work on those aircraft, Benjo.  The NASA scheme could look cool on it, if you wanted something interesting, but your Ferris, given a heavier coat for better contrast, might turn out quite nicely too. 
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

madcatter

How about the F-15S 3tone gray scheme from AC5.  There were some pretty dramatic F-15 schemes in 5, I can't recount the differences between 5 and Zero, it's been too long but all my reference pics are from 5.
-N8

GTX

Nice work - any more finished pics of the Berkut?

regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Benjo

Quote from: GTX on November 14, 2008, 06:38:59 PM
Nice work - any more finished pics of the Berkut?

NAh mate, finshed pics of the berkut are no longer possible. I have sanded it back, taken off the canards, elevators, and tailfins.
I am going to use the fins from the flanker kit, as i am no longer going to make my 1/48 SU-34 Platypus. and, i am adding canards and elevators made from sheet aluminium. I am also going to cant the tailfins inwards instead of outwards. Add the ECM pods to the wingtips. To turn it into a true S-32 berkut like the one in the game (as well as the sukhoi prototype berkut model) As i did make it with the huge vectoring exhaust. (i did this due to having no nozzles in my collection large enough to make engines as huge as the real berkut ones....and, as everyone could see, ease of build.)

I can add some rebuild pics though, if you are interested.

Benny

Spey_Phantom

i found my old UPEO planes from Ace Combat 3 (the last AC game on the PS1)
i made 5 UPEO planes about 4 to 5 years ago, but these are the only 2 survivers.
the F-16FXU (or XFU, dont remember) and the SU-43 Berkut  ;D

both are handpainted, the markings are done with a CD marker  :rolleyes:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Benjo

yeah cooL! i love the berkut!
Ive always wanted to make some AC3 planes. I still have the game, and it works on the PS2! the problem being that you cant save the game on the ps2. So i can never get far enough to get any good planes.
theyre so unique. i want to make the F-16 and the flanker especially. I like the F-16 because it looks like they gave it some stealth features, as well as features from the AFTI F-16.

John Howling Mouse

Somebody's got to change his avatar tag: "whiffing neophyte" just doesn't suit this guy at all, regardless of how many (or few) posts he might have on this forum.
Fantastic work, Benjo!  Beautiful paint mastery.  Yikes!!! 
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Just call me Ray

Ace Combat Fanboi (me) says nifty :)

There's an ADF-01 Falken model out there by Bandai, 1/144 scale, but I hear the fit and finish is horrible. That said, it turns into a decent, if rather basically detailed, kit. Also, it costs £85. Yeah, seriously.

An XADF-01 Morgan or whatever would probably be best achieved by kitbashing a Falken with a Flanker, but I suspect a lot of cutting and putty would be involved.

Bandai also released an X-02 Wyrven in approx. 1/72 scale (the Aerospace Web page on the X-02, yes some noob thought it was real, has a picture of this kit) but there are accuracy issues and I haven't been able to find it as of late.

Someone released a garage kit of a CFA-44 Nosferatu (released side-by-side with garage kits of the entire Flanker/Berkut line) but it's so laughable you might as well scratchbuild one yourself. Interestingly enough, the best base for a Nosferatu kit would be a Wyrven - basically same fuselage, different planform.
It's a crappy self-made pic of a Lockheed Unmanned Combat Armed Rotorcraft (UCAR), BTW
Even Saddam realized the hazard of airplanes, and was discovered hiding in a bunker. - Skydrol from Airliners.net

Benjo

Yeah, WE REALLY do need a good morgan kit.
I'd like to make my own. might cast it and circulate a few. i have a flanker donor kit ready. 1/72 scale.

Sauragnmon

Myself, I'd cheerfully KILL to get my hands on a good 1/72 X-02 Wyvern.  That is my preferred of the super birds, and in truth, I recall the Bandai Falken was 1/100 or something, an oddball measure.  I remember noting that and going "Gah, why can't they make it in a REAL scale?"
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.