F-15 SE (single engine)

Started by Eddie M., November 14, 2008, 03:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

Changes are in the wind........ :cheers:
Look behind you!

Army of One

Whoa....great building skills there and an awesome result!!!! Oh if only..................
Thanks to Wingman77... :bow:......I been wanting to ask that for ages.....didn't have the balls though.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Eddie M. on March 19, 2010, 04:13:07 AM
Changes are in the wind........ :cheers:

Tease...the peanut gallery demands their pictures!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

It's been stripped down to the bare minium and is in the process of get a new paint scheme. I like the old one, but as of late, I've been having fun with splinter/ ferris hybrid schemes. ;D

Speaking of which, does anyone have a 1/32 decal sheet for a Strike Eagle they'd like to trade for decals or a model? I've brought this one home for refurb as well. :o

Look behind you!

ChernayaAkula

Regarding the decals, have you looked at the TwoBobs clearance sale? CLICKY! In 1/32, there's only Hornets and Vipers (and a Corsair sheet, whose schemes would look god on any build), but at 3.00$ US per sheet and free shipping in the US you can't complain.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Eddie M.

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on March 19, 2010, 07:17:31 PM
Regarding the decals, have you looked at the TwoBobs clearance sale? CLICKY! In 1/32, there's only Hornets and Vipers (and a Corsair sheet, whose schemes would look god on any build), but at 3.00$ US per sheet and free shipping in the US you can't complain.

Thanks for the heads up!

First stage of the new paint. ;D

Look behind you!

Sisko

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Sauragnmon

Splinter Coolness... looking forward to more work, Eddie!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Eddie M.

Look behind you!

cthulhu77

Most awesome splintery goodness !   :cheers:

Eddie M.

Thank you Gents!! ;D Unfortunately, things didn't go well on the third coat and instead of fixing it, I went forward, thinking I could hide the mistake. Didn't happen. :(  Soooooo...I'll be starting over asap.... Here's how it looks now.

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Eddie M. on March 22, 2010, 07:05:12 PM
Thank you Gents!! ;D Unfortunately, things didn't go well on the third coat and instead of fixing it, I went forward, thinking I could hide the mistake. Didn't happen. :(  Soooooo...I'll be starting over asap.... Here's how it looks now.

Uh, yeah...that mistake is, um, what, again?  Still looks like the "most awesome splintery goodness" Greg called it earlier.  Super work, Eddie.  How's that airbrush doin' ???   :wacko:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

The dark grey was "gummy" when I removed the tape and so I got a very nasty bleed under effect. I'll re-evaluate the situation tomorrow to see if I can do something to save it.

The weather is starting to get nicer around these parts so I can get out into the shack and set up a "cleanroom" to operate the A/B. Very soon...
Look behind you!

noxioux

I would try a light sanding with 1500 or 2000 grit.  I've saved a couple of botched camo patterns that way.  It adds a sort of generalized weathered appearance.

That this is gorgeous.  I missed a couple of posts there, or I would've said so earlier.  Truly wicked. :wub: :wub: :wub: