F-15 SE (single engine)

Started by Eddie M., November 14, 2008, 03:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Eddie M. on March 22, 2010, 07:39:50 PM
The dark grey was "gummy" when I removed the tape and so I got a very nasty bleed under effect. I'll re-evaluate the situation tomorrow to see if I can do something to save it.

The weather is starting to get nicer around these parts so I can get out into the shack and set up a "cleanroom" to operate the A/B. Very soon...

Oh, that's why I refuse to buy a camera with ultra-high megapixels----hides many such defects on my own models.  And I'd be willing to bet that the weather in Texas is probably always tolerable for airbrushing!  (you're gonna produce a whole bunch of "snowfall in Burton" pics now, aren't you?).   :cheers:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Quote(you're gonna produce a whole bunch of "snowfall in Burton" pics now, aren't you?).

Well, as a matter of fact, there was one or two days like this.... ;D That was my and my son's 1st snowman. A woppin' 2' tall. :lol:

I tried to salvage the paint work, but it was no go. This shows that i'm willing to go to the mat for a decent paint scheme. :party:

Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

I know what you were going for having done splinters before. BEFORE you start over try this: Overspray the entire paintjob with a very thin color( your choice) cause it looks REALLY COOL the way it is :thumbsup: :wub: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

noxioux

I know this isn't build-by-committee, but I have to second sotoolslinger's suggestion.  I'm liking it. :wub: :wub:

Eddie M.

It's a deal. Tomorrow, I'll "dust" it with a light gray. :)
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Alrighty then! I tried it but it didn't look right to me, so I've started back to the original scheme. Here's what it looked like with the dusting. If I had started out trying to do this kind of paint scheme, it might have looked better, and I will try this again sometime. ;D

Look behind you!

Mossie

That looks pretty good, my Dad had a shirt in a similar pattern in the eighties, that faded after a few too many washes!  ;D  Looking forward to seeing paintjob mk.II.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ed S

That may not be what you are looking for, but it actually makes a very interesting camo pattern.  Dirty it up a bit and no one would realize the problems you had with it.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Eddie M. on March 23, 2010, 05:29:24 PM

I tried to salvage the paint work, but it was no go. This shows that i'm willing to go to the mat for a decent paint scheme. :party:

Wait a second, wait a second!  Getting back to THIS!  What WHAT WHAT is this?!  Can you please PM me a hi-rez version of this image and anymore you have like this?  I thought it was some sort of comic-book-style graphics applied as camo.  This might be the most ingenius camo scheme I've ever seen.  Realize that YOU might not like this but I think I am looking at one of those "happy mistakes" only masters in their field ever seem to have.

Eddie M.

Will do Baz, though they are not hi-rez. You too can replicate this by using regular masking tape and too much rattlecan paint. Because of the paint accumulation at the edges of the tape, a paint profile is left when the tape is removed. When I went to wet sand the paint off, it leaves the thicker paint nearest the tape edges. So, are you trying to tell me this the "happy face t-shirt" moment of Forest Gump? ;D

Here's the new paint scheme in progress.

Look behind you!

Tophe

Congratulations for your model and paint job. :thumbsup:
Here is the twin-boom way I would have considered for a single-jet F-15 : :blink:
(thanks to http://www.nasa.gov/centers/dryden/images/content/110670main_F-15_3-view.jpg )
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Eddie M.

Thank you Tophe!!

Adding some highlights....
Look behind you!

Mossie

Pretty. :wub:  I prefer the colours this time around, you always seem to turn your :banghead: moments around into something better! :party:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

John Howling Mouse

I'm confused (and not only because it's thundering and lightning here while there's still snow on the ground):  are you peeling off small bits of masking to reveal lighter shades or are you actually masking off these "highlight" bits and respraying?