F-15 SE (single engine)

Started by Eddie M., November 14, 2008, 03:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

QuoteGood grief. What is that, a pulse-detonation-turbo-scram-fan?

Is it that obvious? ;D

QuoteSomebody please find a decal that will fit on the canopy rail that claims the pilot is Tim "Tool Man" Taylor it would be most appropriate for this aircraft which has more power that the stock model

If only there was......(dreaming) I LOVE that show. :mellow:

QuoteOf course the other words that come to mind are "LUDICROUS SPEED, GO!!!"

I'm hoping it looks that way. I may even have to paint heat carbon carbon leading edges on the one.. :lol:

QuoteHmmm...."bumper" stickers for jet fighters?

How about:

IT'S NOT RED PAINT - IT'S DOPPLER SHIFT

Sweet! I like it, even if I don't understand it. ;)

QuoteMaybe this project needs to have a two seater cockpit?

And it shall be..... :thumbsup:
Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

Due to entirely too much sci-fi reading ..... objects moving at the speed of light away from you look red shifted..... :huh: :blink: I think :rolleyes:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

pyro-manic

Yep. Or in fact moving away from you at any speed. Things moving towards you look blue.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Eddie M.

Then I shoulda called it the F-15 DS ;)  :lol:

Here's what I got done before we head out for some Turkey chomp chomp ( Happy Thanksgiving to all who observe)

I split the nose of a badly shaped Hornet nose to give the impression of the intakes turning toward a single engine.

and the work on the smaller stuff.

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Teste, Teste, 1,2,... 3? Just checking for a problem with Chumbucket
Look behind you!

PanzerWulff

Beauty of a Pit ya got going there eddie can't wait to see more
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

BlackOps

Lookin good  :thumbsup: This is gonna be a beast!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

noxioux

Ach, another one I missed until there's already 3 pages of replies. :angry:

This is a real beauty.  For some odd reason, it makes me think of how a post-21st Century Greater Depression would affect aircraft development.  That might make an interesting GB.

Great build so far!

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Eddie M. on November 26, 2008, 02:36:18 PM

QuoteSomebody please find a decal that will fit on the canopy rail that claims the pilot is Tim "Tool Man" Taylor it would be most appropriate for this aircraft which has more power that the stock model

Eddie, just tell me what color (black?) and how long you want the total text and I'll print your decal: TIM "TOOL MAN" TAYLOR
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on November 28, 2008, 03:07:23 PM
Quote from: Eddie M. on November 26, 2008, 02:36:18 PM

Eddie, just tell me what color (black?) and how long you want the total text and I'll print your decal: TIM "TOOL MAN" TAYLOR

First off, thanks you Gents for the kind words. You guys are too cool!  :mellow::thumbsup:

Maybe we could split it up into two names for the front and rear seater. Maybe have the pilot's call sign be Tool Man and the back seater be Grunt. Give the folks who see it a play on words to think about?
Look behind you!

Sauragnmon

you'd have to make the RWO's nametag and callsign be Mo "Grunt" Powers
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Eddie M.

Quote from: Sauragnmon on November 28, 2008, 07:12:53 PM
you'd have to make the RWO's nametag and callsign be Mo "Grunt" Powers

See, now we're getting somewhere!

Baz, can you do the Tim "Tool Man" Taylor and Mo "Grunt" Powers?
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

The cockpit is done. The sharp eye of one Moon Puppy over at Swanny's site kept me from making a big mistake. I only need one throttle quadrant, so I made the proper mods. ;D

Look behind you!

Sauragnmon

Smexy work on the pit, man, looking beautiful.  Love the detail, looks like I could just climb in that puppy and have my head plastered to the seat the second I open that throttle as far as she goes.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.