F-15 SE (single engine)

Started by Eddie M., November 14, 2008, 03:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

Good gawd awmighty  :o :blink: That is some sweet putty work right there :wub: :wub: :bow: :bow:
Nice arse, My Master :wacko:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

ChernayaAkula

Is the thrust of this beast still measured in Kilo-Newton or is that Mega-Newton already?  :bow: :bow: :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Eddie M.

Thanks Gents! I appreciate it alot. Not a real update, but more of a first look at a way I'm thinking of increasing the fuel tank load for this thirsty engine. Maybe I should call it the PW 5000 "Vampire"

Here's a tank that I modified to see if the idea would work.
Look behind you!

pyro-manic

Looks good to me! Alternatively, some giant CFTs slapped on around the place. Enlarge the E's existing ones, and add some more - maybe a dorsal "hump" behind the cockpit, and maybe even add some little ones mounted where the Sparrows/AMRAAMs would usually go? Or even along those little "booms" that the horizontal stabs are mounted on? Just fatten it up a little bit all over, basically.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Eddie M. on December 24, 2008, 04:57:46 PM

Here's a tank that I modified to see if the idea would work.

This is sooooo cool: I've had that very same idea for years but never actually built one.  Now, to see yours in styrene, it really does look believable.  Henceforth to be known as Miller Tanks.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Thank you! I'm hoping it's plausable with the Eagle tanks. I can't make them too big. I've got to hang ordinance somewhere on this Guzzler. ;D

Here's a head on shot.
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Quote from: salt6 on December 25, 2008, 07:16:00 PM
Might want to bring the engine hump all the way to the back of the canopy, aka F105.

Yes, I've been mulling that one over quite a bit. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Look behind you!

Sauragnmon

All Hail the Miller Tanks!  because when you're flying something that powerful and that fast....

It's Miller Time!

Additionally, I think CFT's might add to the fuel supply.  I also thought of suggesting a tunnel tank, but you have your auxiliary power intakes and such there.  Running the spinal hump all the way to the canopy would add some internal space as well.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

noxioux

That's a great idea on the tank.  I'm thinking that's going to be widely 'adopted' by some of us in the future. . .

Did you put the conformal tanks on that bird?  I couldn't tell from the later pic, but that might be an option as well--if it doesn't ruin her lines.

Brian da Basher

"When it's time to relax, one tank stands clear...."

Wow is that fantastic, Eddie! Now you've got me thinking how I could modify the drop tanks in my spares box. Excellent!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

Possibly the sexiest drop tank EVER  :thumbsup: :wub: Miller tanks it is :party: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Eddie M.

Once again, you Gents are positive force in the modeling world! Thank you about the tank.

It was brought to my attention that this engine might attract heat seeking missiles. More than most I suppose, so I came up with a rearward defense system including larger flares for just such an occasion.

Look behind you!

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

Ditto on the cool factor, baby.   :ph34r:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.