F-15 SE (single engine)

Started by Eddie M., November 14, 2008, 03:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

Well, it has happened. None of my models ever gets to the finish without a set back or two. I taped the canopy to apply the clear coat for decals and the blasted clear coat seeped on to the canopy :banghead:. I'm hoping that soaking the canopy in window cleaner will shed the Future with the gunk on it as well. If that doesn't work, I'll have to paint the inside of the canopy opaque. I tell ya, for a hobby, it sure is frustrating at times. :banghead: :banghead:
Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

Dammit :banghead:I feel for you my brother. You'll fix er :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

ChernayaAkula

Too bad about the canopy!  :banghead:

I noticed the rocket-pod-for-flare-dispenser-installation only now. Cool detail!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Mossie

How about swapping the canopy for different look?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Eddie M.

Now that the canopy situation has been solved by a kind benefactor, I've started the decals, of which, these are the most important.;)
Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

philp

Mr Borland will be jealous.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Brian da Basher

Great to see this wunder-whiff back on track, Eddie! The name tags are a really nice touch!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Eddie M. on March 27, 2009, 07:13:04 PM
Now that the canopy situation has been solved by a kind benefactor, I've started the decals, of which, these are the most important.;)

Awesome: funny and, yet, believable, too!   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Work continues, abet s l o w l y.  Instead of just pulling some fake ident letters out of my butt like usual, I decided to at least get it a little closer so as to confuse any JMHs that may see this in the future..:)   I found out AK is the code used for Alaska, so I cut up and fashioned some decals to give the illusion of my squadron, The Arctic Eagles.;D

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Eddie M. on April 10, 2009, 05:23:07 PM
Work continues, abet s l o w l y.  Instead of just pulling some fake ident letters out of my butt like usual, I decided to at least get it a little closer so as to confuse any JMHs that may see this in the future..:)   I found out AK is the code used for Alaska, so I cut up and fashioned some decals to give the illusion of my squadron, The Arctic Eagles.;D

Hey!  That's "JMN's"!  You're dangerously close to abusing my initials ("JHM").   :lol:  Freudian slip (I do it all the time, too).   :rolleyes:

Eddie M.

Well, there's another crap sandwich I get to eat! Sorry, that was close. I do mean JMNs...;D
Look behind you!

wingman77

......might be a dumb question...........but whats a "JMN"??? :unsure:

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: wingman77 on April 11, 2009, 06:50:21 AM
......might be a dumb question...........but whats a "JMN"??? :unsure:

Joyless Modeling Nazi
An individual who is worse than a rivet-counter (which is really just a person striving for accuracy), JMN's tend to take the fun out of modeling by shooting down almost anything for the sake of being anal.  And, I've found, they seldom actually build anything of their own since they spend too much time and effort putting down the work of others.

Eddie M.

See the "You know you're a JMN when..."  thread in Everyday Chat.
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,23839.0.html

"And, I've found, they seldom actually build anything of their own since they spend too much time and effort putting down the work of others."

Especially whifs and kitbashes ;)

Look behind you!