Anybody else tired of boring old Bears ?

Started by Captain Canada, November 16, 2008, 09:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

I am !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

noxioux

Excellent.  I think that the bear is so pretty in it's natural metal, that we forget there might be alternatives.

You have me thinking of a desert camo Bear, for use in the Afghan war. . .

dragon

Have you seen the scheme the Venezuelan Su-30MK2s have?.....Might look nice on a BEAR.
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Sauragnmon

Bare Metal Bears are one thing, but yes, alternatives are very helpful.  I might consider a Blast White one, or look up some other interesting camo patterns.

I could wish that Trumpeter would do us one favour, and drop out a 1/144 Blinder or Backfire to go with the other bombers they have.  I eventually aim to get my paws on the Russian bombers, starting with a 144 Badger to avenge the one I kinda killed in 72 scale with ambitious use of a spray can.

Very sexy camo though, Captain.  Go for some Maple Leaves!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Benjo

theres a plane in one of the ace combat games, it has bear wings n engines, but with out the props so its a jet. and two B-29 fuselages stacked on above the other (could uses the bear fuselage as its based on the b-29 anyway) its got some kind of a fork tail kind of looks kind of like the Messerschmitt 264Amerika thing....

If you get REAAALLLY bored with bears. hehe
Being creative can be a gift - And a curse...

cthulhu77

One of the most beautiful planes ever made, imho, neat to see it in a different scheme.

Sisko

Niiiiiiice!!!! :bow:

Is that the trumpeter 1/144th?
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

The Rat

For any newbies, note that Toad always likes to include an approximate scale (out of)control tower in each shot.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Just call me Ray

You know, I am tired of American beers. Send me some of that Canadian lager down my way :cheers:
It's a crappy self-made pic of a Lockheed Unmanned Combat Armed Rotorcraft (UCAR), BTW
Even Saddam realized the hazard of airplanes, and was discovered hiding in a bunker. - Skydrol from Airliners.net

Captain Canada

Is there really such a thing as a boring old beer ?

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments, guys. Yes, it is the Trump 144th scale bird. A very nice kit indeed. And I too would love to see more Russian heavies in this scale.

As for the control towers, they seem to keep getting lighter and lighter until they are so light they are affected by the propwash, and need to be replaced. Seems to happen 6-8 times a night !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

bexwh773

Not very shiny but boy does she look different and thught provoking  :bow:   Might have to try and get my hands on one next year, and do some digging for some 1/144th RAF Bomber Sqn markings, that should raise a few eyebrows  :wub:

Bex
Becky aka Bex

Brian da Basher

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 17, 2008, 10:28:19 AM
Is there really such a thing as a boring old beer ?

:thumbsup:

<snip>

As for the control towers, they seem to keep getting lighter and lighter until they are so light they are affected by the propwash, and need to be replaced. Seems to happen 6-8 times a night !

:cheers:

This is why I have such deep respect for you, Cap'n!

A wizzard build!
:thumbsup: :cheers: :drink: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

noxioux

You've gotta keep your wits properly lubricated, to keep up in this crowd :cheers:

Sauragnmon

At least he's drinking real beer... after all, there's a saying up here in Canada:

What do American Beer, and Sex in a Canoe have in common?

They're both F*@King close to Water!

Come on, Cap, More Pics!!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: noxioux on November 17, 2008, 08:46:52 PM
You've gotta keep your wits properly lubricated, to keep up in this crowd :cheers:

quite! and like spats/twiglets/porkpies/ice-hockey as well [delete as inapplicable]
Keeper of George the Cat.