Where are the SMW piccies?

Started by philp, November 17, 2008, 08:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

Damn, that would be a shame. Are you going to try and repair it?

Mossie

Could you use the trick of dissolving sprue chips in poly cement?  Stretch the gap slightly, daub it into the crack.  I should act as both a filler & glue, no idea how long it'd last though.  Was the cracking caused by an accident, or stress from the weight of the wing?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

philp

yep, no updates since 2007.

Did you happen to notice which table the models were on?  I could try contacting them directly.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: philp on November 17, 2008, 08:44:04 AMGuys, I know you went to Telford, I know you took some pics.  Where the heck are they? <<snip>>I need a Telford Whiff fix, please...

Here you go Phil,

The following individuals have uploaded images of the UK Nationals 2008 to the Aircraft Resource Center (Links are to the individual pages):
UK Nationals 2008 - F-4 SIG Display (Photos by Tim Mansfield)
UK Nationals 2008 (Photos by geedubelyer)
UK Nationals 2008 (Forestfan Part One)
UK Nationals 2008 (Forestfan Part Two)
UK Nationals 2008 (Patrick Nevin)
UK Nationals 2008 (Ken "Flankerman" Duffy)
UK Nationals 2008 (Hugh Janus)

Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

philp

Thanks Jeff,
Already been there and got the T-shirt.  I think I have seen all of these in the ARC forum.  Mostly aircraft but there are a couple more nice pics of the What-if stand, the F-4 collection and the Soviet SIG (still love the Halo and Chinook dio).

Here is the link to the 450 pics
http://mmpbooks.biz/telford_2008/indeks.htm

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

NARSES2

Quote from: philp on November 21, 2008, 09:35:51 AM

Did you happen to notice which table the models were on?  I could try contacting them directly.

They were at the opposite end of the line to us next to the Racing SIG so according to the floor plan they are "The Universal Modelling Society".
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

UMS are a Birmingham-based club.

MMP books website with 450 piccies has my Chinese J-5A (ie MiG-17PF) on it!!!
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on November 22, 2008, 05:23:55 AM
UMS are a Birmingham-based club.

MMP books website with 450 piccies has my Chinese J-5A (ie MiG-17PF) on it!!!

That explains the accents and the hangdog looks then - Hi Rad did you mention the MMP site ?  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Phillip

Chris (Falcon) has kindly posted them up in the Forthcoming Events section pics of 2008

Radish

Yes, MMP site has 450 photos.
JC's site has been updated with a Telford report as well....my SesquE5As are on!! :party: :party:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: philp on November 20, 2008, 05:01:16 PM
Gotta ask, is there a Sci-Fi SIG in the UK? 

yes there is. although i am not a member. perhaps the IPMS[UK] website will give a contact.

they had a stand at SMW next to the NASA SIG that i recall.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: philp on November 17, 2008, 08:44:04 AMGuys, I know you went to Telford, I know you took some pics.  Where the heck are they? <<snip>>I need a Telford Whiff fix, please...

Here you go Phil,

Modeling Madness has a link to a page from Frank Spahr describing his visit to Telford and Scale Model World 2008.  Links are provided at the bottom of the page to images of Telford and Duxford

If I remember correctly, Frank is a model ship builder so his focus may well be on things that float. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

philp

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 23, 2008, 02:06:23 AM

Phillip

Chris (Falcon) has kindly posted them up in the Forthcoming Events section pics of 2008

Thanks, found the pics of the 2 "Dan Dare" type dios and the rover is in the back of one of them.  Can't find any contact info for the club though.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Aircav

Hi Philip
heres the web site for the I.P.M.S (UK) SciFi & Fantasy SIG
http://www.bendenweyr.f9.co.uk/sigweb/index.htm
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies