WWI Era Armor - Real and WHIF

Started by Andrew Gorman, November 17, 2008, 07:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 21, 2018, 10:05:54 AM
I also wonder if a turret right above the engine (it was literally placed in the middle of the tank!) would be a good idea at all, and I doubt that there's be any space for it...? But it's whifworld, after all.  ;) When there's one in an Indiana Jones movie, there's got to be something to it.  ;D

Doable in a Mk. VIII Liberty, as the engine was aft of the fighting compartment.
http://www.landships.info/landships/tank_articles.html?load=tank_articles/Mark_VIII.html

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

Repositioned gun ------> JagdSchneider  ;D

ysi_maniac

Weaver

Brengun 1/144th Mark IV airship tug. Resin and etch:
https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/BRS144058?result-token=fEfZt

I'm sure we could think of other things for it to tow (steampunk flying saucer is what immediately springs to mind).
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Bearing in mind how small that is, it's 1/144, then it' has a particularly nice finish  :thumbsup:

Just supposing gunpowder had never been invented ? Then with a few additions it could become a mobile armoured trebuchet  ;) . I'll go and pick my prescription up now  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I'd be tempted to put a Hills Hoist (rotary washing line to non-antipodeans) on the top strung with long underwear - Armoured Laundry.  Duke of York's Own Heavy Laundry Brigade Ypres 1917.

FWIW everytime I read this thread title I picture a MkIV tank with Explosive Reactive Armour...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 03, 2023, 06:23:38 AMJust supposing gunpowder had never been invented ? Then with a few additions it could become a mobile armoured trebuchet  ;) . I'll go and pick my prescription up now  ;)

I can see what you mean! ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 04, 2023, 06:23:09 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on April 03, 2023, 06:23:38 AMJust supposing gunpowder had never been invented ? Then with a few additions it could become a mobile armoured trebuchet  ;) . I'll go and pick my prescription up now  ;)

I can see what you mean! ;D

Thank you  :thumbsup:  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 04, 2023, 05:12:17 AMI'd be tempted to put a Hills Hoist (rotary washing line to non-antipodeans) on the top strung with long underwear - Armoured Laundry.  Duke of York's Own Heavy Laundry Brigade Ypres 1917.

They could also have armoured de-lousing stations  ;)

RAFF-35

Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

RAFF-35

I'd like to be able to build a flying elephant tank at some point.
More information on the design can be found here;
http://www.landships.info/landships/tank_articles/Flying_Elephant.html
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

PR19_Kit

Those amphibs look amazing, were they an RW project or completely from your head? I like the snorkels sticking out of the top.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

I've sometimes considered purloining a British WW1 light tank from Rheged minor's stash and building it as an ice cream vendor  I suppose I'd have to call it "Mr Whippet"  ices.

Sorry, Chris, I know that's getting close to another entry in THE BOOK
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet