Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Tophe

Congratulations, Rafael, another masterpiece... :wub: :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Weaver

Awesome - I'd struggle to make ONE part of that!  :bow: :bow: :bow:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

SinUnNombre

That's awesome, Rafa! Great work. And let me get this straight, you have foam, wood, plastic, resin, filler putty, and even a little piece of metal paper clip??? That's what I call ingenuity. IT's beyond multimedia....it's like.....hypermedia. Please tell me you're making the tires for the landing gear from real rubber...

Jon

Rafael

Quote from: SinUnNombre on November 27, 2008, 10:02:58 AM
That's awesome, Rafa! Great work. And let me get this straight, you have foam, wood, plastic, resin, filler putty, and even a little piece of metal paper clip??? That's what I call ingenuity. IT's beyond multimedia....it's like.....hypermedia. Please tell me you're making the tires for the landing gear from real rubber...

Jon

.....not to mention a mix of talc and withe glue to make some kind of "mud" to seal the foam from the attack of the putty. And cardboard (Yum!!!) for the canopy frames.

The cannon installation Greg mentions is great, but I chose to use this arrangement because of who the end user of this plane is.....

Thanks, my friends. You really make my spirits soar. I haven't been able to sit at the workbench save for a few shortspans of time this week, and that is to fashion two multiple missile launcher tubes.

More to come...

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

BlackOps

Rafa, I'm sure glad you share your projects here, they are truly wonderful! I am envious of your ability to scratchbuild what ever you want and make it look good.  :bow:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

cthulhu77

John Howling Mouse

What the-----wait, huh----how'd you do that, again?

You have always been, and always will be, the Master Chef of Whiffery, Rafa.

I picture you listening to Perez Prado's faster Mambo music while whipping these concoctions together like a Chef in the kitchen!!!

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

sudzonic

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul!

Rafael

Thanks, my friends!!!

Barry!!!! Good to see you!!! That image of me dancing Perez Prado's "Mambo No. 5" while making a model sure brought a good laugh.

Well, here she is, painted in a hurriedly improvised splinter scheme and awaiting her decals and warloads.

Saludos,

Rafa
1/72 Scale Maniac
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

sotoolslinger

Absolute Beauty Rafa :wub: Your skill is something to aspire to :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Rafael

Thanks, Ron!!!

Here's the end result:

Saludos,

Rafa
1/72 Scale Maniac

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?