Main Menu

The Flunker

Started by The Rat, November 29, 2008, 11:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooterman

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Nice, Rat.  Very nice.  Story killer too.

SPINNERS

Hugely enjoyable! Chapeau!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

One of your best, Rat dude.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Ed S

Nice one, Rat.  I always wondered where Aurora came up with their "Mig 19" model.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

The Rat

Quote from: Ed S on November 30, 2008, 01:52:32 PM
Nice one, Rat.  I always wondered where Aurora came up with their "Mig 19" model.

Ed

Actually the Aurora one is quite different. Their 'MiG-19' tail blends smoothly into the fuselage giving the appearance of a (slightly) airworthy banana, whereas the Lindberg one which mine is based on has a more believeable arrangement. Go to this link and you'll see the author mistakes the lineage as well, but gives some good information as to where Lindberg might have got their ideas for the design.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Sisko

Nice! and the fact that you used a natural metal finish is amazing!!! :bow:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

nev

The thing is, it looks just like a real Soviet project in their crazy, clunky kind of way :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

Sorry I missed this one ! Love it. The goofy Jetsons canopy really sets her off  :thumbsup: Great job Ratty ! The finish is impeccable.

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

Quote from: Captain Canada on March 18, 2014, 06:15:08 AM
Sorry I missed this one ! Love it. The goofy Jetsons canopy really sets her off  :thumbsup: Great job Ratty ! The finish is impeccable.

:tornado:

Only by 5 years, dude! ;D

:cheers:

Guy

PS: Yep, it is a rather funky little beast.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Rat

Holy thread revival Batman!  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr