The real 'Red' Arrow ?

Started by Bungle, November 30, 2008, 01:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

Wanted a quick build as I'm getting into this 'What If' idea. Since I had three kp Mig-21's I thought what could I What if one of these into, and this is the result.....

.....What if the RAF wanted a real Red Arrows display team in the Seventies......
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

The Rat

I'm hoisting a very large Scotch in your honour as we speak!  :drink:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Bungle

Have to say I've just looked at the photos on the forum and the MiG paint work looks a hell of a lot better here in front of me than in the photos. Add photography to my increasing list of 'must try harder' (just ahead of modelling but below remembering the wife's birthday !)

Ho hum......

Mr Rat, I may join you in the bottle of scotch (though I prefer Jamesons)
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

BlackOps

Looks pretty cool in that scheme  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Brian da Basher

That's seriously gorgeous, Bungle!
:wub: :wub:
Brian da Basher

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

lancer

Very Good... It looks so right somehow!!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

noxioux

Striking! :wub:  IMHO, much sexier than gold.

Sauragnmon

Love the red arrows paintjob, Bungle.  I know the feeling about paintwork looking worse in the camera lens.  I've felt that before, when the lines look great, and you take pics and go "Oh god, are the lines really That uneven?"  It led me to the thought that the camera automatically adds ten wrinkles to your hand painted lines.

Looks great man, and the Fishbed's already a sexy looking plane, the paintjob goes further.  Makes me want to do a Swifts fishbed or something.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Weaver

Funny that - I always think photography unjustly flatters my models: maybe a measure of how bad they are eh?  :wacko:

It's a good looking scheme Bungle and as lancer said, it seems to fit the MiG-21 particularly well - well done!  :thumbsup:

Makes you wonder about the really Red Arrows: the ones from a Communist Britain with red stars in the middle of the roundels and BPLAF (British People's Liberation Air Force) written down the side.......
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Sauragnmon

Ohhhh... now you're bad, Weaver... you've got an idea in my head... you bad, bad man... Mmmm, such a delicious idea too...  If only I can figure out how I'm going to do it, it'll look pretty damn cool...
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Bungle

Thank you all for your comments

Not sure what I'm doing wrong photography wise but the camera seems to pick out every wavy line that should be straight. Plus the flash seems to change the colours or make then harsher.

Weaver...... now that's an idea, tell me more about the BPLAF ... is there a thread on this, I have so many MiG's and Su's to do. (Actually my next poor photography victim is a Royal Navy Sea Fulcrum {!!} .... maybe a late re-branding is due)

Hmmm. {lightly rubs chin and looks distantly out of the window} Queen deposed, Red Ken in charge of a puppet Government (Basil Brush - Ministry of War "Boom, boom")

Well that's my weekend taken care of !

Sauragnmon

Bungle, worst thing you can do is use the flash, it'll always screw up your colours man.  As to the wavy/straight lines, ah well, like I said, the camera automatically adds ten waves to every line.

The BPLAF thing is probably in the Alternate History area.

Looking forward to that Sea Fulcrum, should look pretty damn interesting.