IAI T-270 Drowr (Super Magister)

Started by Weaver, November 30, 2008, 01:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

Gorgeous work Weav :wub: Love that paint scheme :thumbsup: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

JayBee

Och Weaver, why did you not do it in the original Blue/White scheme of the display team?
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Weaver

Quote from: JayBee on March 13, 2009, 06:54:26 AM
Och Weaver, why did you not do it in the original Blue/White scheme of the display team?

Because I didn't know about it until I'd committed to the white/orange..... :banghead:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

noxioux

Quote from: Weaver on March 13, 2009, 07:33:57 AM
Quote from: JayBee on March 13, 2009, 06:54:26 AM

Because I didn't know about it until I'd committed to the white/orange..... :banghead:

The white/black/red is excellent.  IMHO, a much more striking scheme. :wub:

Mossie

Well, Weave's done it now & I think it looks pretty good as it is. :party:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

Thanks folks!

Turns out that my various decal sheets don't quite have what I need after all, so I'm going to have to do a bit of self-printing. Since it's only a bit, it will have to go on the combined sheet for the Trainers with Teeth Birds, which is not ready yet.

So hurry up and wait, basically..... :rolleyes:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Dork the kit slayer

Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Weaver

Cheers!

More trouble: the display team badges my decal sheet has are red. Turns out that these are the ones for the old blue/white scheme: the white/dayglo ones have blue badges, bizarrely. :rolleyes: :banghead: So I think I'm going to give up on the display team: the white/dayglo is identical to the standard training academy scheme anyway, so I'll put the academy badges on instead, which ARE right. In any case, "normal" Mags seem to put on displays too....

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Since I havn't managed to find some small Israeli roundels with rings round them (for use on a white background) and since some weird incompatibility between my PC and/or my screen and/or my printer is making it stupidly difficult to print round circles, I've come up with another option, which is to paint the engine nacelles blue, thus allowing the use of regular, borderless Israeli roundels (which I've got).

Approximation below (the roundel goes on the engine door behind the wing). What do you think?

- Indiana Jones

chrisonord

Its very nice!!
Now stop being silly and paint it camouflage  :lol:
It looks bob on to me "H", would look even better encrusted with rocket pods and guns :wacko:
Cheers,
Chris. 
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Weaver

There is more to life than guns and bombs! (havn't found out what yet, but someone once told me there was.......)

Anyway, it's the Israeli aquisition of these for their training programme that makes their old straight-wing Mags surplus and available to Central Americas at  a discount..... :wacko:

- Indiana Jones

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

chrisonord

Quote from: Weaver on April 25, 2009, 05:29:29 AM
There is more to life than guns and bombs! (havn't found out what yet, but someone once told me there was.......)

Anyway, it's the Israeli aquisition of these for their training programme that makes their old straight-wing Mags surplus and available to Central Americas at  a discount..... :wacko:
Hmmm?
I have a magister in the stash, but I think that will get a FLIR ball on it and minimal armament on it. It can join the T-33 I have done as a FAC turkey.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Weaver

Okay, well on the basis of the one vote i recieved, plus my casting vote, I've painted the engine nacelles blue. Needs another coat yet:

It's only masking tape, but that yellow looks kinda sexy too, doesn't it? Not going there for this one, which is supposed to vaguely resemble an actual Israeli scheme, but worth bearing in mind for any other trainer project that crops up......

- Indiana Jones

Brian da Basher

That color scheme gives your Super Magister a very eye-popping "Op Art" look, Weaver! Definitely on the way to becoming a real show-stopper!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher