IAI T-270 Drowr (Super Magister)

Started by Weaver, November 30, 2008, 01:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Oh, that's pretty! What did you use for the swept butterfly tail? Are these stabilizers from the G.91, too?

Weaver

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 30, 2018, 02:06:48 AM
Oh, that's pretty! What did you use for the swept butterfly tail? Are these stabilizers from the G.91, too?

Thanks!

No, the tailplanes are from the Airfix F-86D. Bit bigger than the G.91 ones but because they're being fins AND tailplanes they're about right.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Rick Lowe

NARSES2

That does look very nice mate  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And yes, what I could see o.k. yesterday I can't today  :unsure: :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Dizzyfugu

Looks very good. I have one on my project list, too, based on the Heller Magister with wings from a Revell G.91. Tailplanes are uncertain, yet, but I should have a pair of F-86A stabilizers in the stash.

Weaver

Cheers folks.

I made some small progress on the new one yesterday: wing root fairings cut down, moulded-in seat cut out of the rear cockpit and work started on converting the front one to an ejection seat. I'm going for a Folland-type seat since that's the most compact, having been developed for the Gnat.

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 05, 2018, 11:54:29 PM
Looks very good. I have one on my project list, too, based on the Heller Magister with wings from a Revell G.91. Tailplanes are uncertain, yet, but I should have a pair of F-86A stabilizers in the stash.

That sounds good. The problem with the Revell G.91 was always that it's wing sweep angle was too low, but of course that doesn't matter for a whiff, and may even be more appropriate for the Magister project. F-86 tailplanes are a perfect match for the Gina wings because the latter is, aerodynamically, a scaled-down F-86 anyway, but the tailplanes need to be bigger in the V-tailed whiff project in order to do double-duty as fins and tailplanes.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones