Whatthehellisthatthing? (Tamiya Turntable)

Started by Jeffry Fontaine, November 30, 2008, 04:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffry Fontaine

In this image of the EC-135 Eurocopter model (image source Modellversium.de). 

I would like to know what the thing is called that is holding the model in the image.  I have never seen anything quite like that before.  I would like to know if it is something that was modified for the purpose or is this a commercially available product? 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

ChernayaAkula

I think that is available from Tamiya and is used as a painting stand.

EDIT: Yup, available from Tamiya. CLICKY-THINGY!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

chrisonord

Its a eurocopter, formerly MBB. Revel do several different versions off it in 1/72nd scale including an air ambulance version.  
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

chrisonord

OOPS....GUES WHO DIDN'T READ THE QUESTION PROPERLY DOH!!!
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Ed S

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

frank2056

You can get it for a little less at the SSM store They only have one left. It's really handy for painting, especially if you don't have four arms and a prehensile tail.

Jeffry Fontaine

Thank you one and all for the quick response to my question.  That is indeed a really handy looking device or tool and it really should be considered for every modelers workbench. 

Dear Santa,

I changed my mind, I no longer want that hot brunette that owns the liquor store and the yacht...
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

philp

...instead I want the hot blonde with the hobby shop and the Lear Jet. :wub:
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

The Rat

Quote from: frank2056 on November 30, 2008, 04:42:23 PM... especially if you don't have four arms and a prehensile tail.

Ah, so you've met my ex mother-in-law.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

jcf

Quote from: The Rat on November 30, 2008, 07:40:00 PM
Quote from: frank2056 on November 30, 2008, 04:42:23 PM... especially if you don't have four arms and a prehensile tail.

For the Good Christ,

I hope you and yer ex didn't breed.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jon

The Rat

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on November 30, 2008, 07:43:12 PM

For the Good Christ,

I hope you and yer ex didn't breed.

Jon

Yeah, but he turned out okay, according to the vet.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

jcf

Quote from: The Rat on November 30, 2008, 07:48:40 PM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on November 30, 2008, 07:43:12 PM

For the Good Christ,

I hope you and yer ex didn't breed.javascript:void(0); :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Jon

Yeah, but he turned out okay, according to the vet.

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

gooberliberation

I've got tamiya's turntable set and that particular one is designed for car models. The wire thingies are springy so they hold up the body of a car from the inside without having to touch any exterior surface. Very handy! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Holy cow they're asking $23US for that? I got mine from an LHS for literally half that!
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

ysi_maniac

Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on November 30, 2008, 05:16:57 PM
Thank you one and all for the quick response to my question.  That is indeed a really handy looking device or tool and it really should be considered for every modelers workbench. 

Dear Santa,

I changed my mind, I no longer want that hot brunette that owns the liquor store and the yacht...
Fine!
... mmmmm ... can I get the brunette then? ;D ;D

BTW: It can also hold an aircraft by the legs, but to paint belly ... the brunette may be more useful :wacko: :wacko:
Will die without understanding this world.

frank2056

Quote from: gooberliberation on November 30, 2008, 10:42:41 PM
I've got tamiya's turntable set and that particular one is designed for car models. The wire thingies are springy so they hold up the body of a car from the inside without having to touch any exterior surface. Very handy! :thumbsup:

It also works well for painting tank bodies. The other part (with the clips) can hold small aircraft fuselages if you plan it just right. The flat surface has many small holes that will take a piece if sprue.