Ahem. Okay, I'm back

Started by rallymodeller, December 02, 2008, 06:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rallymodeller

Yeah, took a vacation for a while. Mental and physical. This had been coming for a while; it culminated in me having to leave work at the start of September due to stress issues (had a bit of a panic attack/nervous breakdown). Been out of work since, but I'm nothing if not positive.

And I've been building! See?

From the side

Front quarter

It's even sort of a whiff: it's a proposed LAV-ISC (Individual Squad Carrier).

Been pretty light on the aviation lately, doing more armour. I'm working on a Canadian version of a Stridsvagn 103 called the Timberwolf C2 for a What-If build on the Modern Canadian Armour message board. I'll get some photos of it and make a separate post about it.

So, how's everyone been?
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Rafael

We've been expecting you, Jeremy!!!
I'm glad to hear you're recovering and following your styrene therapy. Wish you all the good for the future. Now, take your seat and enjoy the site. Welcome back!!!

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

sotoolslinger

Excellent RM glad to have you back. Nice APC :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Captain Canada

Welcome back ! Glad to hear you're feeling better. The LAV looks wicked. Love the DND lic. plates ! Where are they from ?

Now, enough tank talk....show us that CDN F-106 ! And PS-you still have that 48th scale Tweet we were gonna do a trade for ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

I've always looked up to you Jeremy...

Cuz yer about a foot taller than me!

Good to see you back!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

GTX

Great to have you back!!!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Brian da Basher

Welcome back, Rally, you've been missed! Nice looking LAV you have there! Good to see you've been busy at the workbench.
:tank:
Brian da Basher

Spey_Phantom

welcome back, Rally  :thumbsup:
we were just about to deploy a search team to look for you  :lol:
sorry to hear about stress issues, just to let you know, yourer not alone  -_-

and i must say, what a comeback, nice model  :wub:
:tank:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

nev

Nice to have you back RM.  Nice LAV too.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Geoff

Hi, glad to see you back - like the LAV.

Supertom

Hey, good to see you back here RM.  We've been worried about you.  Brian had even gone as far as knocking on the window of every Volvo he saw hoping to find you in there (we've lost count of the number of times he'd been pepper-sprayed in the face by the occupant).  Hope to see more of your builds soon.  That LAV looks great.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

noxioux

Welcome back! That's a great looking build. :wub:

rallymodeller

Thanks to all y'all for the kind words.  :cheers:

Todd, the Canadian plates are from a JBOT set -- Canadian Military Markings. Unfortunately the rest of the sheet dried out -- Jim uses a REALLY thin decal film and it goes crap really easily. For my next two on the go (Canadian M1A2 and S-103) I'm getting Archer transfers. No word on the CF-106 yet: I am embarassed to admit that I can't find the kit. I'll have to get another, which won't be hard (1/48 Monogram. Big deal.)

And I can't find the Dragonfly stuff. I'll take another look tomorrow, as it's not like I have anything better to do.     :banghead:
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Captain Canada

CanMilAir do some really nice stuff, but I'm not too sure if he does armour yet.

As for JBOT, no need to worry about him 'drying up'. He cashed my cheque for $26 back in '06, and I've gotten at least $30 worth of excuses since then !

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Welcome home RM. Good to see you back.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)