Armour on the bench *Updated Pics Dec. 12*

Started by rallymodeller, December 04, 2008, 02:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauragnmon

Man, that makes me want to convert one of those to a Rheinmetall L/55 or something, just to have it looking like a JagdLeopard in some ways.  That would look very cool I think.

Beautiful work on the Timberwolf, RM!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

BlackOps

:wub: Jeremy, this is a totally cool beasty!  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: rallymodeller on December 12, 2008, 06:30:51 PM
Close up of commander's cupola showing HOT ATGM launcher mount with missile installed. It's an inert round 'cause I'm doing it as an "on exercise" machine. I also have a .50 BMG with a shredder from the Trumpeter Abrams 5-in-1 kit to go on the other side. It's not quite done yet -- can't get the shredder's tie-back rods right. Note also the Wegmann smoke-grenade launchers.

Jeremy,

Hate to nit pick, or maybe I do like to nit pick. 

Just a quick reminder of the standard color markings for weapons such as the HOT, TOW, MILAN, DRAGON, JAVELIN, AT4, etc. The color band should be just the BLUE COLOR BAND which identifies the round as INERT or a training item. 

The YELLOW COLOR BAND always identifies HIGH EXPLOSIVE filling for the the missile warhead. 

The Ordnance Shop has a lot of information on this subject and this page on Ammuntion Color Coding describes it all in much better detail. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

rallymodeller

Thanks for the info, Jeffrey. Luckily, it'll be an easy fix.
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: rallymodeller on December 12, 2008, 07:48:05 PMThanks for the info, Jeffrey. Luckily, it'll be an easy fix.

Jeremy,

Glad to be able to help. 

Here are some additional links to other ammunition related references that might be of some value to you and other members on the forum that want to "get it right" and make it look good at the same time:
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

sudzonic

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul!