Boeing 777-900

Started by PR19_Kit, December 05, 2008, 08:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: RussC on October 06, 2011, 02:29:22 PM
I wonder how, if a 777-900 was able to fly, the passengers would feel in the rear seats, looking down that central aisle and watching the undulating of turbulence in the airframe, like travelling in a "slinky" toy.

I've seen that for myself Russ. In the '80s I worked in Holland a lot, flying back and forth to Schiphol, and back then KLM used DC9-30s on the route usually but on a Friday night they laid on two DC8-63s as there was so much demand. I liked to sit in the very last pax row and you could SEE the fuselage bend as the aircraft rotated! You also got dinner with KLM on a 55 min. flight, something that BA didn't even try.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 06, 2011, 04:04:54 PM
You also got dinner with KLM on a 55 min. flight, something that BA didn't even try.  ;D

Had dinner on BA flights back from Paris a couple of times  ;D

Last time I flew KLM I thought they were going to drive me to Gatwick on the M23 - it must have taken 40 mins to taxi from the terminal to the then new runway it was that far away  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Most of my recent flying has been done around the Orkneys with Loganair in  B-N Islanders. On a flight back from Westray to Kirkwall the driver spotted a pod of killer whales, and  circled it at about 500 feet  so that everyone could see them.  No in-flight meals, but on one flight last year the pilot offered round his bag of wine gums.  This is why Loganair is my favourite airline
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on October 07, 2011, 01:49:42 AM
On a flight back from Westray to Kirkwall the driver spotted a pod of killer whales, and  circled it at about 500 feet  so that everyone could see them. 

Fantastic experiance, similar to Imperial Airways in the 30's when they circled the Pyramids or herds of wild animals for the passengers to view
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

RussC

Some of the smaller carriers here in Aridzona will circle the Grand Canyon or Meteor Crater that way. Southwest and America West are too bound by their routes for that, if you circled, you would wind up in the face of the next jet behind you in the string going all the way back to the East Coast airports.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

PR19_Kit

If you tried that trick in a 777-900 you'd probably meet YOURSELF coming back the other way!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

MilitaryAircraft101

Very nice Kit! Just read 7 pages of build log, the end is defiantly worth all that work

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PR19_Kit

As we're likely to say in the Forest of Dean 'On yerrrr boike!'.

I have absolutely NO idea how you'd do that, apart from starting with some water pipe perhaps?

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Belated congratulations for this weird bunch of elongated airliners... :thumbsup:
Ahem... :-\ maybe you could go and see a Freudian psychiatrist... don't worry: many women say "length is not that important", ahem :-\ ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Tophe on October 14, 2011, 08:12:44 PM
Belated congratulations for this weird bunch of elongated airliners... :thumbsup:
Ahem... :-\ maybe you could go and see a Freudian psychiatrist... don't worry: many women say "length is not that important", ahem :-\ ;D

Tophe, for your sake I'm sorry it's not assymetric, I could have only fitted one engine I guess.  ;D ;)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

The monster engines are just about done now, a few decals to add and a coat of Kleer and they'll be ready to attach to the wings. The 737-200 is there to show just how HUGE the GE90 engines are!

I've started on the landing gear, and for an airline modeller I just HATE painting all the zillions of wheels on the darn things. There's 14 of them in the case of a 777, the two nose-wheels being a tad smaller than the main wheels. But to give me something to think about Minicraft manage to tag the two nose-wheels as if they're main wheels and two of the main wheels are tagged as nose-wheels, very handy.  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Is it the same scale? are you sure? or just a joke mixing 737 at 1/72nd and engines at 1/48th? (an engine cannot be as big as a fuselage, can it?) :blink:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Tophe on October 15, 2011, 09:43:11 AM
Is it the same scale? are you sure? or just a joke mixing 737 at 1/72nd and engines at 1/48th? (an engine cannot be as big as a fuselage, can it?) :blink:

Yes, they're both 1/144th. The GE90's diameter is greater than that of a 737's fuselage!

Regards
Kit