Boeing 777-900

Started by PR19_Kit, December 05, 2008, 08:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBee

For once I realy am lost for words. :blink: :thumbsup: :wub: :bow:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

MilitaryAircraft101

sequoiaranger

Did you have to rent a van to be able to transport it to the model meeting?  :rolleyes:

>...the Secretary smiled, and he's never been able to see the point of Whiffing before.<

Of course, "the point" of whiffing, just like "replicating", is to create a model that pleases onself. Surely anyone but hard-core JMN snobs can see that.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: sequoiaranger on October 22, 2011, 09:24:15 AM
Did you have to rent a van to be able to transport it to the model meeting?  :rolleyes:

I wasn't as simple as usual, but it fits across the pull-out bilnd over the luggage compartment of my Zafira OK. With the aid of four square pillows filched from my couch at home it had a soft ride there and back.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Excellent!  ;D ;D ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You really need to display it with the original advert as "photographic proof".... ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on October 22, 2011, 11:40:21 AM
Excellent!  ;D ;D ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You really need to display it with the original advert as "photographic proof".... ;)

That's the plan. It's entered in Class 34 (otherwise called the 'Mushroom'....) at the Nationals, sorry SMW 2011, and I have a backstory placard with the advert piccie at the top for the competition. I also still have the original advert, complete with normal newspaper text on the back, in case any JMN doubts my motives.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Stunning finish Kit, you do realise though you will probably get nicked for possession of a dangerous weapon at Telford ?  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 25, 2011, 07:27:35 AM
Stunning finish Kit, you do realise though you will probably get nicked for possession of a dangerous weapon at Telford ?  ;D

Hehehe, you bet! I'm seriously looking forward to watching the faces of everyone else when I carry it in there, should be worth videoing even.  ;) ;D :lol:

Regards
Kit

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Just superb - simple as that !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

PR19_Kit

I'm dead chuffed to say that 'The Monster' took a Bronze Medal in the 'Mushroom' at Telford this year, (otherwise known as Class 34....)  ;D

Actually the nose was in Class 33, the tail in Class 35 and only the centre bit was in Class 34.......  :lol:

Even better was that it took the 'Best on Stand' mug, given by my peers on the What If SIG stand. thanks VERY much gentlemen, that meant a lot.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 14, 2011, 01:28:51 AM
I'm dead chuffed to say that 'The Monster' took a Bronze Medal in the 'Mushroom' at Telford this year, (otherwise known as Class 34....)  ;D

Actually the nose was in Class 33, the tail in Class 35 and only the centre bit was in Class 34.......  :lol:

That reminds me of the Johnny Cash song "One piece at a time"

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

lancer

Congratulations on the wins Kit. It's a shame that the nose and tail didn't win classes 33 & 35 respectively that would have been a hell of a clean sweep!!!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Supertom

Well done Kit.  That was a pretty neat project.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

PR19_Kit

Neat? NEAT?  :o

It's anything but neat Tom, it takes up half of our sideboard at the moment, until I build a new shelf for it anyway.  ;D ;) :lol:

But glad you like it, thanks. It does seem to have been well accepted, at least in the Whiff community anyway. The JMNs seem to have HATED it.  ;D

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 17, 2011, 07:53:32 AMThe JMNs seem to have HATED it.  ;D

You know them...they seem to hate everything
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng