Boeing 777-900

Started by PR19_Kit, December 05, 2008, 08:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I suppose I ought to mention what I'm working on the Whif field just now, so.......

Back in 1997, when the Star Alliance was formed, they put out full page adverts in the papers, and at the bottom of the page was this :-

Since then I've always wanted to make that 777 and 2008 is the year!

That's a 1/144 scale DC9-30 in the foreground BTW, to give it scale. It took one Doyusha 777, two Minicraft 777s and two extra welsh Models vacform fuselages to build it so far. I've still got to make the starboard GE90 by cross-kitting the Doyusha and Minicraft bits, but it's a right pain.

Can't wait to get the decals on, I had to print my own for it of course.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Spey_Phantom

wow  :blink:, talk about Boeing XXXXXXXL  :wub:
i admire your guts to build something that long  :bow:

so what airline(s) are you gonn a assign it to, i think you should fit 6 engines, cause with 2 you'le be luck engough to taxi it out to the runway  :lol:
the perfect 747 replacement.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Logan Hartke

Imagine how long it would take the flight attendant with the dining cart to get to you if you were seated at the other end of airplane.

Logan Hartke

PR19_Kit

Nils,

Nononononono, it's going to look exactly like the advert, with each fuse section with its own decal set. And only two engines as well.

It must be right, it's in the papers...........  -_-

Logan,

Hehehe, love it!  :lol: Perhaps they'd have to use golf carts to travel that far?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Wonderful... :thumbsup:
Do you know the batch of fake pictures at
http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairlinerphotos/search/search.php?search=normal
with dozens of very much elongated airliners... I have saved dozens of them on my HD. In plastic, that's even better, but less easy. -_-
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ysi_maniac

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 05, 2008, 09:24:08 AM
It must be right, it's in the papers...........  -_-

Absolutely agreed!

BTW: I admire you took the challenge :bow: :bow: :bow:
Will die without understanding this world.

Ed S

Brilliant.   Love this concept.  And the model is looking good.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

PR19_Kit

Glad you like the idea guys, thanks. Watch this space........ (a BIG space of course!)

Tophe,

Yes, someone linked that site to me a while ago, BAGS of scope there for the Whiffing airliner modeller.

As if I don't have enough ideas in my head anyway.... :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

If I tried something like that my wife would accuse me of 'compensating'.

Looks like a great job so far, can't wait for the finish!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Jeffry Fontaine

Wow!  That is quite the concept and seeing it sitting next to a normal size model makes it look that much more impressive.  Leave the wings off and you can use it for a walking stick or a javelin for the next Olympic try outs :)   
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

PR19_Kit

Jeff,

My wife has ALREADY used it for closing our lounge curtains once!

That was before I painted it though. I'm a bit worried how I carry it to a show, as it's longer than any of my model carriage boxes!

Regards
Kit

Eddie M.

Does the pilot have to dial a different area code to talk to the aft flight crew? :o That is out there and I love it! :wub:
Look behind you!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Eddie M. on December 05, 2008, 04:38:22 PM
Does the pilot have to dial a different area code to talk to the aft flight crew? :o That is out there and I love it! :wub:

Eddie,

No, it's too far for that to work.

They have a LOOOOOOONG piece of string and two Coke cans, the string goes slap down the middle of the aircraft so the pax have to duck around it. If the string does break they keep a couple of pigeons in the cockpit.......  -_-

Regards
Kit

Eddie M.

Thank goodness! How many times zones do you cross traveling from nose to tail? Okay, I'll stop and get me coat. I did get a vision of one of those moving sidewalks I've used at the airport....... ;D
Look behind you!

SSgt Baloo

Years ago, when boeing was making the 707, 727, and 737 all with the same fuselage diameters, there used to be a joke that Boeing didn't have an aircraft factory but a huge sausage machine that would crank out the fuselage length you wanted, then they'd tack on wings and a tail and send it to you.
Not older than dirt but remembers when it was still under warranty.