Boeing 777-900

Started by PR19_Kit, December 05, 2008, 08:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

The stuff I'm using is from a UK company called 'The Crafty Computer Paper Company' and they sell similar stuff to the Bare Metal Foil paper etc.

The problems I had were almost certainly caused by the length of time between me printing  off the original set and trying to use them more recently. It was over 3 years between the two events and a set of newly printed decals worked just fine.

That'll teach me not to get ahead of myself.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

The decalling is done.  ;D :thumbsup:

Only interrupted by some prats smoking in their room in this hotel and setting the fire alarms off at just past midnight!  :banghead: Luckily I'd JUST dried off the last decal, the rearmost one of the roof escape hatches, when it went off or I might have dropped the darn thing and wrecked it. After 10 mins in the car park I'm back inside and posting this, thank goodness.

I did some 'No step' lines for the wings and tail and also a pair of wing escape routes as well, and shrunk a couple of Lufthansa 'storks' for the nose and then spent most of the evening finishing off the starboard side and all the detail bits. So it's just the engines  :banghead: and landing gear and we go for final assembly, some time next week I guess as all that stuff is still at home.

How every hotel work surface should look....  ;)

The whole thing. It's so long I can't get it all in focus at once!

Front third.

Middle third.

Aft third.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

sideshowbob9

Love your work surface! This is looking to be a great model.  :thumbsup:

TallEng

Glad I don't have to do the daily check/ramp1 on that thing!, it would take most of night to do the Walk around :o
Looks real good :thumbsup:

regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

NARSES2

Quote from: sideshowbob9 on October 05, 2011, 04:06:08 AM

Premier Inn I take it Kit  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 05, 2011, 07:25:30 AM
Quote from: sideshowbob9 on October 05, 2011, 04:06:08 AM

Premier Inn I take it Kit  ;D

Indeed!  :thumbsup:

Mrs. PR19 calls them 'Purple Palaces', and you can see why 'cos the model is posed on that weird sash thing they put across the foot of the bed.  ;D

Regards
Kit

The Rat

Kit, that is weird :o, perverse :blink:, and totally unflyable :-\.

AND I LOVE IT!!!  :wub:  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Rheged

What a magnificently ridiculous creation. Are  the  flight crew issued with bicycles to get about?

Many years ago, at the first flight of the Bristol Freighter, the pilot turned to the copilot and said  "I say, Stanley,  my side is airbourne, is yours?"     Suggestions please as to the comments made by the flight crew on the first flight of this  wondrous device.     It looks longer than most of the  runways  I've flown in and out of on the various Orkney islands.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on October 06, 2011, 01:19:26 AM
What a magnificently ridiculous creation. Are  the  flight crew issued with bicycles to get about?

Many years ago, at the first flight of the Bristol Freighter, the pilot turned to the copilot and said  "I say, Stanley,  my side is airbourne, is yours?"     Suggestions please as to the comments made by the flight crew on the first flight of this  wondrous device.     It looks longer than most of the  runways  I've flown in and out of on the various Orkney islands.

Hehehe, actually there's a mono-rail down the port side aisle for the crew.........  ;D

I think that was the Blackburn Beverley that the Capt. asked about the FO's side being airborne or not. I read it in the Beverley book only about a month ago, and having flown quite a few hours in Bevs I can quite believe it too!

In the back story of the 777-900 it never does get airborne, ever, because it's so long it can't rotate to a steep enough angle. So what the crew probably said was 'Aaaaaggghhhhhhhhh, we're not going to make it! Full reverse and brakes!'  :lol:

It scales out at 389 ft long...............

Regards
Kit

RussC

Quote from: The Rat on October 05, 2011, 07:45:35 PM
Kit, that is weird :o, perverse :blink:, and totally unflyable :-\.

AND I LOVE IT!!!  :wub:  :thumbsup:

Same here. Remove the wings, tail and stabs and it would make a great train.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 06, 2011, 05:36:23 AM
Quote from: Rheged on October 06, 2011, 01:19:26 AM

Hehehe, actually there's a mono-rail down the port side aisle for the crew.........  ;D

I think that was the Blackburn Beverley that the Capt. asked about the FO's side being airborne or not. I read it in the Beverley book only about a month ago, and having flown quite a few hours in Bevs I can quite believe it too!

In the back story of the 777-900 it never does get airborne, ever, because it's so long it can't rotate to a steep enough angle. So what the crew probably said was 'Aaaaaggghhhhhhhhh, we're not going to make it! Full reverse and brakes!'  :lol:

It scales out at 389 ft long...............

Failing memory on my part yet again. You are indeed right, it WAS the Beverley.

I've never  flown in a Beverley, but I have been  in one when the Army Museum of Transport  was open in the town of  Beverley.   I'm told that on long deployments, lime juice was issued to the crew to prevent scurvy.   

I'd assumed that the 777-900 didn't actually take off as such, it just travelled straight and level and the  runway fell away under it due to the curvature of the earth.  Pretty much the same procedure appears to be used by loaded B-52's.  It must be a Boeing thing.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

I've posted the backstory for the 777-900, even though it's not quite finished yet.

It's here http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,33652.new.html#new and it's the text of the label that will be with the model at Telford, minus the modelling bits that I'll add at the end.

Regards
Kit

Pablo1965

I had benn follow this thread closely and the finished is really good.  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Pablo1965 on October 06, 2011, 07:45:21 AM
I had benn follow this thread closely and the finished is really good.  :thumbsup:

Let me get the engines and wheels on, maybe next week sometime, then I'll take some outdoor piccies. Goodness knows what the neighbours will think....  ;)

Regards
Kit

RussC

Quote from: Rheged on October 06, 2011, 06:08:21 AM

I'd assumed that the 777-900 didn't actually take off as such, it just travelled straight and level and the  runway fell away under it due to the curvature of the earth.  Pretty much the same procedure appears to be used by loaded B-52's.  It must be a Boeing thing.

A lot of airbases for heavies have a gradual central shallow dip in the contour, both to angle the planes that do not rotate so easily on liftoff, AND to assist in braking for arriving machines, slowing them by travelling "uphill".

I wonder how, if a 777-900 was able to fly, the passengers would feel in the rear seats, looking down that central aisle and watching the undulating of turbulence in the airframe, like travelling in a "slinky" toy.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski