BAe-29 Sea Fulcrum A.S.1

Started by Bungle, December 07, 2008, 06:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

Ok I know I'm pushing the bounds of aerodynamics but What If the Royal Navy needed a fast jet Sub Hunter/Killer ? Add a couple of radomes to a MiG-29 and Bob's your Aunties, we have the Sea Fulcrum.

Got to get this photography thihg right some time.... natural light this time with a fill-in flash. Kit is the Italeri Mi-29UB the two radomes from the spare box, decals are odd's and sod's, inspiration from you lot!
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Rafael

You know, bungle, as aerodynamics go, I don't care. Your work is phenomenal, and I don't care either if that's a very faaast ASW platform. Your idea, concept and execution are beautiful, and fun to watch and imagine how much fun you had making it. That's what a hobby is for.  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

lenny100

if it works in your mind then it works for us all.
it looks good to me also

Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

deathjester

It's not abad idea at all, considering that Soviet subs had surface to air missiles to deal with ASW helo's.  Good work!

noxioux

That's a great idea.  Much quicker than a P-3, and it looks much nicer than say, a Gannet. . . :thumbsup:

Bungle

Quote from: noxioux on December 07, 2008, 10:30:23 AM
That's a great idea.  Much quicker than a P-3, and it looks much nicer than say, a Gannet. . . :thumbsup:

Aw comeon..... even my wife's nicer than a Gannet .... and packs more of a punch. Come to think of it she's nosier as well and if we're talking double Mamba's..... :wub:
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Joe C-P

The F-4 proved that a big enough engine will correct for aerodynamics.  :rolleyes:

Nice work!
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Weaver

Heh, nice one!  :thumbsup:- I suspect the only reason you're still alive is that MiG's hit team bumped into the RN's on the way to your house and it got messy....... :wacko: ;D

A fast-jet ASW is not so far out as some may think: Sukhoi have talked about an ASW mission for the Su-34....... :blink:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Sauragnmon

Neat Fulcrum, man.  Very well done.

The light vs flash really works a lot better.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Fulcrum

Fulcrums Forever!!!
Master Assembler

Howard of Effingham

Keeper of George the Cat.

sotoolslinger

Bad arse I can just see the look on the sub commanders face as this screams out of the sky :thumbsup: ;D
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Captain Canada

Quote from: noxioux on December 07, 2008, 10:30:23 AM
it looks much nicer than say, a Gannet. . . :thumbsup:

Don't let Leigh hear you talking like that !

Beautiful job. Love the paint, and the radomes. A/C, to me, always look better with lots of lumps and bumps.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

GTX

You're a bad man!!!!

QuoteSukhoi have talked about an ASW mission for the Su-34.......

That was the Su-32FN and it was to be based upon the Su-27IB/Su-34. It was reportedly fitted with a 'Sea Dragon' avionics suite and may have MAD gear in the tailboom. It was to be able to carry sonobuoys on a centreline pod - I always wanted to see a picture (photo or drawing) showing what this looked like.  If someone did a 1/48 Su-34 kit, I'd do a model of this.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Captain Canada

Aw come on, Greg...don't be so short-sighted ! You can do it in 72nd scale ! Unless, of course, you're short sighted !

;D
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?