Looking for a Vulcan Model

Started by Cobra, December 07, 2008, 09:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 13, 2008, 10:39:56 PM

Odd, I'm pretty sure mine did have intakes, but in that brittle clear resin. The lower leading edges of both intakes had broken away and were lost in the small pile of clear resin flash that filled the tissue covering.

I wonder if they decided not to include that as a result of the breakages?

I sure what Jennings says is correct, Kit.  This is what I got in my conversion, are you sure you're not getting mixed up the Victor B.1 conversion (third photo)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Kitnut,

No, I have the Victor set too, from Flightpath, but my Vulcan set was a very early DB one.

Came in an unmarked cardboard box with the parts wrapped in tissue paper. The tissue was well bonded to the clear resin bits, so much so that I broke the exhausts getting it off. The intakes were a lot smaller than the Victor set, perhaps only 1/2" - 3/4" deep chordwise, parallel to the leading edge. As I said, they were well damaged too, the lower leading edge had all broken away and was mixed up with the flash.

The instructions were rolled round the outside of the tissue bundle. marketed it was not!  :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit