Stealth Testbed

Started by sotoolslinger, December 08, 2008, 03:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

The most excellent Black Ops gave me 1/72 MiG 37 Ferret a few months ago but I didn't really know what to do with it. Then I had to get a 1/72 F-15 to scavenge for parts for the Stingray build. So last night while watching putty dry on the F-416 project I came up with this. My first 1/72.

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

cthulhu77

Very cool concept !   Especially love the tail fins.

Sauragnmon

Very interesting concept, STS - the Notched wings, the cranked tails, it certainly does look quite interesting.

Welcome to the fine scale, man!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

sotoolslinger

Thanks y'all I have the wings attached now

Dang this thing is small :blink:
I amuse me.

Mossie

There's a 1/48 incarnation of the kit that you should be able to find & scalorama it to 1/72?  All you'd really need to do is substitute a new cockpit.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sotoolslinger

Been there ,got it  ;D it will be the advanced operational version of this testbed. I plan on putting the wings from the F-19 on the 1/48 version. Actually a combination of the wings from both kits. Then I will take the fuselage from the F-19 and install SR-71 engines possibly scaloramma'd 1/72's . I will then take the rest of the SR- and make it into a HUGE droptank. The concept will be an exo atmospheric satelite killer/reentry bomber
I amuse me.

Mossie

Wow!  I'll look forward to that one! ;D  I've wondered about recreating the XF-34 Dreamstar (a FSW stealth fighter) from Dale Browns 'Day of the Cheetah', using a 1/48 MiG-37 with S-37 Berkut wings.

sotoolslinger

Wow that sounds cool :mellow:I have been keeping my eye out for a 1/48 Berkut .I'll have to get that book.
I amuse me.

Mossie

It's good, the best one that I've read of his, & ironically, the first one too & I've never found another one that comes close to it!  It's a near rip-off of Craig Thomas' Firefox, but it's done quite well.   His novels are worth a read from a whiffery standpoint, there's quite a lot of real aircraft with upgraded capabilities as well as a few fictional ones like the Dreamstar.  There's a list of them on Wiki (everything's on there these days!):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fictional_Aircraft_in_Dale_Brown_Novels

Think he'd fit in here well! ;D

Captain Canada

Way cool......that's a very futuristic looking aeroplane !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Brian da Basher

That's one hot ship there Toolslinger! To me it just begs for the gold or black canopy treatment!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Rafael

Jaw dropping in Caracas!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

frank2056

I love it - it looks far better than the original! The wings - especially the drooped tips - are especially nice.

Ed S

Looking good.  Very imaginative and creative.  Like usual for your subjects.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.