Electric Hornet

Started by Eddie M., December 08, 2008, 03:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: Eddie M. on December 09, 2008, 02:19:30 PM
Quote from: puddingwrestler on December 09, 2008, 01:28:15 PM
With that title I was expecting tesla coils...

Thanks Gents!

Tesla Coils! Now there's an idea!! It was just a play off of "Electric Jet" from the early Viper days. I admit, it's a bit corny, but hey, that's me!! ;D

Eddie,

I think you really need an anthem or theme song for this project.  May I suggest "Electric Avenue"(link to YouTube Video) by Eddie Grant? ;^)
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Eddie M.

Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on December 10, 2008, 02:43:52 AM
Quote from: Eddie M. on December 09, 2008, 02:19:30 PM
Quote from: puddingwrestler on December 09, 2008, 01:28:15 PM
With that title I was expecting tesla coils...

Thanks Gents!

Tesla Coils! Now there's an idea!! It was just a play off of "Electric Jet" from the early Viper days. I admit, it's a bit corny, but hey, that's me!! ;D

Eddie,

I think you really need an anthem or theme song for this project.  May I suggest "Electric Avenue"(link to YouTube Video) by Eddie Grant? ;^)

I DIG that song! :D
Look behind you!

noxioux

John Howling Mouse

Oooo, that last shot...mmmmm....very predatory/birdlike appeal.

You are the kitbashing master, Eddie!    :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

In an attempt to break up some of the F-16 lines and give a little of my own feel ( who am I kidding. I'm not in charge here!), I've done a couple of things while checkin' out the new live DVD from Disturbed in Germany.

That's a piece of F-4 tail that I've turned inside out help with the CFT shape
Look behind you!

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Eddie M.

Thanks Joe!

I've done a little more to change the general look of this project. I've added Hornet wheel wells and did some mods on the bug gear.

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

I may sound a bit like a sycophant but this is a serious question: Eddie, how does a modeler develop the guts to jump in and cut/bash the way you do?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

HOG

Obviously
`No Cuts No Glory`
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Eddie M.

QuoteI may sound a bit like a sycophant but this is a serious question: Eddie, how does a modeler develop the guts to jump in and cut/bash the way you do?

That's a good question. I guess it's like parachuting. Either it works or it doesn't. :rolleyes: Believe me, there's a few "corpses" lying about from not making the right cut in the right place. ;D To seriously answer your question, I tend to be a calculated risk taker. To come up with what I consider unique models, I have to make bold moves (or cuts as it were) to keep my attention focused on moving forward.

Quote`No Cuts No Glory`

Can I use that? I like that a lot!

One of my other favorites is "Who dares, wins"  :cheers:

Look behind you!

SinUnNombre

Love it so far, Eddie. It looks pretty cool and unique so far. Keep up the good work.

Jon

HOG

Quote`No Cuts No Glory`

Can I use that? I like that a lot!

One of my other favorites is "Who dares, wins"  :cheers:
[/quote]
To the man who gave me "to Millerize" how can I say no.... as to `who dares` all I can say is "Who Dares......... sorry was that my cue................................................................."
"take 2"
Respectfully
:drink:
G
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Sauragnmon

How do you get the guts to make the cuts?  A blatant and flagrant lack of sanity helps, JHM.  It really does.  That's part of how I've assembled the guts to carve a chunk of flight deck off a Testors Kuznetsov for a flight deck on Fenris, and when I get up the guts to do the rest, I'll be building out the sides of the aft section, modeling out the sides of it.  Inspiration + Insanity = Cuts of Glory!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland