Spitfire GB - and the winner is.....

Started by nev, December 08, 2008, 06:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Ed S with his superb Stormbird bomber!!   :cheers: :drink: :party:

1st Ed S (25 votes)
2nd Kitbasher (13 votes)
3rd Nimras (12 votes)

Once again thanks and congratulations to all who entered and turned this into another successful GB.  There are now a few less Spits in the stashes of the world, and that's what its all about.

Ed - could you please PM me with your address and I'll send you something suitable Spitfirey
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

sotoolslinger

CONGRATS ED :thumbsup: :wub:  :bow: Beautiful work To all the other participants ..same thing :cheers:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Ed S

Thanks guys.  I appreciate the compliments.

Nev,  PM on the way.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Spey_Phantom

congratulations to the winners.
to me, everyone won  :cheers:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

kitnut617

Well done Ed, and well done to every one else.

Robetr
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Weaver

Nice one, Ed - a very well-deserved win!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thumbs up to everyone else too: lots of good entries!

I particularly liked Ysi and Nimras' re-engined Spits: partly for the delicious heresey, and partly for just how damn good they look....... :wub:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Excellent Ed, your Stormbird is built in true sense of Whiffery for sure.

Well done.  :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Well done, Ed, a radical departure from the basic Spitfire and nicely executed.  I will admit there were times when I couldn't tell quite how the build was going to go (distinct lack of imagination on my part, I can assure you!), but nothing less than convincing once finished.  Your next effort is to turn a Pe-2 (which to me the 'Stormbird' resembles) into a single seat, single engined fighter perhaps??  ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Glenn Gilbertson

Beautiful work, Ed - congratulations! :thumbsup: And well done to all the participants - great field. :cheers:

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

tanktastic43

Scooterman

Got my vote!!  Very nice work Ed.   :thumbsup: :bow:

lancer

Many congratulations to all who entered this GB, as usual the standards of building are superb, especially Ed's 'Stormbird' - A well deserved winner.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Hman

"Lusaka Tower, this is Green Leader..."