Turboprop F4U Corsair in Vietnam

Started by Ed S, December 08, 2008, 08:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackOps

This must be breaking some law somewhere, it's just too danged cool not to be illegal!  :cheers:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Ed S

This one is painted now.  Next step is to get some decals on it in the next couple days.  Gull gray over white as typical for a 60's Marine a/c.

Ed

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Rafael

Wow, Ed!

That thing looks like is going through warp 9 even when sitting still :wub: :wub: :wub:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Still looking for the popcorn smilie  :wacko:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Ed S

Found time to get the decals on this one today.  Next step is add some weathering.  I think this one will end up fairly dirty.

The decals are from some old A-4 sheets.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ElectrikBlue

Nice and fast... ;D

Without the propeller, it looks like a jet version of the F4U! :thumbsup:

Regards,

EB

John Howling Mouse

Just keeps getting better and better.  You're amazing!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ed S

Finished this one up tonight.  Thought I'd make a 6 bladed prop for it.  Found an old 4 bladed spinner and filled the holes.  Then made a jig and put 6 holes in it.  Then found some prop blades in the spare box that would fit.  Didn't turn out too bad.  I loaded this one up in typical SEA weapons; Snakeyes, 5" rockets and napalm.  And I dirtied it up a little to look well used.

Ed

KiwiZac

Whoooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Dude. That is seriously superb stuff! Sucks it ain't in SEA tho :P

Yup, speechless.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Zeke

Yep, that runs the flag up the pole doesn't it?... :thumbsup:
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

sideshowbob9

Mossie

Very nice, like the weathering!  Good to see USMC colours on a Vietnam COIN bird rather than SEA for a change.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

chrisonord

Now that is an absolutely marvellous piece of Coinage excellence!!
I really like this Ed, she has turned out a real beauty.
Chris. :thumbsup: :bow:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!